Winch going

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be to the moeny to get us out of the embargo now we are out of theMadeupReview Trophy.

Winny chucked his shirt to Topoff last night too. He was quite pleased looking at his tweet!

Can't imagine anything more than a nominal £10-15k...hardly going to be enough to drag ourselves out of the :censored:!!

Is he the last surviving member of the Liverpool win?

He's a top lad Winnie and a cracking player on his day not the most consistent but there ain't many in this league who are.

One of the only players we have left who can get you on the edge of your seat who can change a game and who actually looks like he gives a :censored:.

I think a few managers have struggled to manage him but as far as am concerned that's a reflection more on the skills of the manager than the player. For me it's no coincidence that the two better ones of our recent managers got a tune out of Winchester and the team was performing better on the whole.

He will be a miss for us that's for sure. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I feel a bit gutted we are losing him tbh.

Is he the last surviving member of the Liverpool win?

He's a top lad Winnie and a cracking player on his day not the most consistent but there ain't many in this league who are.

One of the only players we have left who can get you on the edge of your seat who can change a game and who actually looks like he gives a :censored:.

I think a few managers have struggled to manage him but as far as am concerned that's a reflection more on the skills of the manager than the player. For me it's no coincidence that the two better ones of our recent managers got a tune out of Winchester and the team was performing better on the whole.

He will be a miss for us that's for sure. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I feel a bit gutted we are losing him tbh.

for all of Westys faults... this is a brilliant post, from start to finish!

Shipping out players with ability and persisting with cloggers points to poor management, in my opinion. Winchester has never been given a chance by Robinson which, considering some of the footballing travesties we've had to endure over the course of this awful season, I find incredible.

Another casualty of our revolving doors managerial cycle, I'm afraid. Wonder why young players struggle at this club? Perfect example here: established himself under a manager who leaves, then out of favour with managers who preferred workhorses, looking for tight wins and draws to preserve their jobs.

Think a lot of fans' fondness for Winchester comes from the fact he's the longest-serving - we're fed up of mercenaries and short-term contracts, and when there's a player who you can feel some affinity with, it makes supporting that much easier. This only makes me feel more unattached to a team of players which I already couldn't give a toss about...

Edited by NewBlue

This one has been taken out of Robinson's hands. First heard this was lined up after the Port Vale game...

I suspected something along these lines after Robinson's LP interview on Monday. When asked about potential departures he said that nobody had spoken directly to him about taking any of our players but you'd have to ask other people at the club if they are aware of any interest.

Sounded like he knew something was going on above his head.

In October 2015, Winchester admitted he needed to step it up at club level, but rarely appeared to do so in the 39 games he's played since then. Such a waste of talent.

I'll always be grateful for the memory of his goal at Shrewsbury last season, giving Shez the first of his victories.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/winchester-hopes-form-will-catch-the-eye-of-northern-ireland-2774352.aspx

I'm all for retaining lads who we've developed but only if they're any good.

Winchester didn't often live up to his promise or his ability and has shown little sign of developing further. While I have no ill will towards him I would not have been upset to have seen him move on in the summer. A fresh start could also do him a world of good. I hope so for his sake too.

But, that said, to lose him now seems an odd decision. We aren't blessed with many alternatives, particularly with creative abilities, and until the embargo is lifted we can't bring anyone in. And I doubt the money coming in or wages being saved are substantial.

In almost 7 years, Winch has only played 89 games plus 31 as sub. That suggests to me, even though he was only 16 when he arrived, that he's rarely been seen as a consistent 90 minute performer. It's a shame as the lad does have talent, but I don't believe he will be a great loss. I wish him all the best though. At 23/24 years of age, he has time to achieve his true potential, but he doesn't half need to work at it.

Looks like Green,once a good player whose legs have gone.

With Green I find it very bizarre.

Regardless of whether a player's legs have gone, you'd still think they'd retain the footballing ability to make a simple pass. He can't even do that at the moment.

To add to that, I tend to find that he still works pretty hard most games and looks like he has a decent level of fitness.

He's a smoker? Is there any evidence of this or is it just a vicious rumour?

There's clearly a footballer in there. He's far more positive than most of our backwards and sideways players, but something just wasn't right for OAFC and Winchester.

It would be unfair to pin the blame on either Corney or Robinson as several managers have questioned his attitude and his fitness over the years.

It's a shame my lasting memory of him will be his assist for Lincoln in the FA Cup, but good luck to the lad.

Edited by pinevillawill