Winch going

With Green I find it very bizarre.

Regardless of whether a player's legs have gone, you'd still think they'd retain the footballing ability to make a simple pass. He can't even do that at the moment.

To add to that, I tend to find that he still works pretty hard most games and looks like he has a decent level of fitness.

Although he seems to Robbo fave I dont think the managment has helped him. I think we will see a different player when Robbo goes.

Just a feeling I have but Robbo has tended to put pressure on him and rely on him to carry a :censored: team and he has buckled due to it. Maybe when he can concentrate on his own game more he will improve.

He doesnt desrrve to be this seasons boo boy imo as they have all been :censored: and he certainly hasnt been worse.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although he seems to Robbo fave I dont think the managment has helped him. I think we will see a different player when Robbo goes.

Just a feeling I have but Robbo has tended to put pressure on him and rely on him to carry a :censored: team and he has buckled due to it. Maybe when he can concentrate on his own game more he will improve.

He doesnt desrrve to be this seasons boo boy imo as they have all been :censored: and he certainly hasnt been worse.

As poor as he's been, he's taken some responsibility and at least puts in a shift, while until pretty recently he always wanted the ball. Unfortunately now his confidence has fallen off a cliff, and like you say, it'll take something to lift it. Nevertheless, still makes some intelligent runs as well

He actually started the season brilliantly and I thought we had a real quality experienced player on our hands.

He's a smoker? Is there any evidence of this or is it just a vicious rumour?

There's clearly a footballer in there. He's far more positive than most of our backwards and sideways players, but something just wasn't right for OAFC and Winchester.

It would be unfair to pin the blame on either Corney or Robinson as several managers have questioned his attitude and his fitness over the years.

It's a shame my lasting memory of him will be his assist for Lincoln in the FA Cup, but good luck to the lad.

Yes, we have cig stubs and a DNA sample as proof ???

Or more simply, he's been seen by fans on many occasion smoking. There was a topic on OWTB elsewhere about it.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest nonaenever

I would flirt all of them off with the exception of Clarke and ripley.

Lol - a tad harsh. Correctly managed, coached​ and played in their right positions Flynn, Fane, McLaughlin, Osei and one or two others would be ok. McLaughlin is the classic illustration - played a couple of very good games once fit out wide right. Just getting into his stride - so the manager switches him to left midfield !!! - I didn't even realised he played at Sheffield Utd he was that anonymous out of position - utter madness.

It would actually be interesting to see what a new manager could do with all the existing players i.e. are they as bad as they have looked or is it just a case of rank bad coaching and management?

They didn't look too bad early season did they (Millwall aside)?

Suspect it's already been spent on sacking Robbo and Barraclough, unfortunately....

(assuming Barra's gone, too)

If it's permanent then yes Sheridan won't have a say and the fee will have been spent. The poster above alluded to the fact it could be a loan though, would imagine he'd have a say in that.

What's the point, then? Thought it was a fire sale to generate funds to pay debts/Robbo off. Can't imagine he'd be on a particularly big wage.

Fairly sure he signed a new deal just after winning player of the season, will have been a much improved one you'd imagine.

Given half of that team we had under LJ are now in L2 it doesn't half speak volumes about his managerial ability.

As for Winchester, it's sad to lose our longest servant. Seen him do a lot more good than the current crop combined. Gave us some great goals and will miss watching him play.

No doubt he could've done more on a personal level but no doubt partly a casualty of this turbulent period.

Think he'll find it easy down there.