10 Years of OWTB

Maybe not a lot has happened in 10 years, however in some respects we've tried to do it all.

We've had our ups and downs, we've fell out with people, made friends, maybe found a soul-mate.

We've got things started, we've been innovators, in this place there's no such thing as a bad idea.

We've been talked about in boardrooms, on the news, outgrown our humble beginnings

These things make us what we are. We are Oldham.

Thank you.

OWTB Staff past and present.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we get automatically transferred to OWTB?

Nope! But you've only been a member on here since 2015! As jkl died a death due to changes in Rivals boards, Rummy set this one up and most jkl posters signed up for it. You must've too, in your previous incarnation!

Maybe not a lot has happened in 10 years, however in some respects we've tried to do it all.

We've had our ups and downs, we've fell out with people, made friends, maybe found a soul-mate.

We've got things started, we've been innovators, in this place there's no such thing as a bad idea.

We've been talked about in boardrooms, on the news, outgrown our humble beginnings

And generated least one marriage that we know of.

Nope! But you've only been a member on here since 2015! As jkl died a death due to changes in Rivals boards, Rummy set this one up and most jkl posters signed up for it. You must've too, in your previous incarnation!

Ha ha yes I have employed a variety of noms de plume

Ha ha yes I have employed a variety of noms de plume

Noms de guerre more like.

Seriously though. For me and probably lots of people, the internet and specifically this board have transformed the football experience. I've met loads of people through this board. In the early days it was the likes of Big Fin and Sheridans World, and later Zorrro, Ackey and Latic12345. Always nice to run into the likes of Bristol Latic at an away game. Through the OASIS board, I've met people like Nervous Tic, who moved to London and (through this board) instantly had London community stalwarts to look up to, and lookerstandandy who joined straight after he got out of jail (he's still unable to talk to DC Knobhead). More recently, I've discussed over a pint with disjointed his inferior performances in the prediction league. Very nice chap though. Probably too nice to be a Champion, but there we go. And many, many top people besides.

Importantly, most of them like to get stuck into a drink on a football day to take the edge off the horror on the pitch.

I enjoyed the carefree Ched rage on here because I can't really rage on FB or Twitter because of my job. Raged about loads of other things too.

Despite being scandalously victimised by board admins because of my dominance of the prediction league, I continue to contribute a small sum each month to the running of the board, which all regular users who can should do. Cheap at twice the price.

And to put the tin hat on it, my best mate got married to someone he met literally on this board.

OWTB!

:oasissign1::OASISscarf:

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

January 2007 - the world was such a different place

Tony Blair PM

Dubya was president

The economy from the outside was secure - what's a credit crunch?

Bastion's of the high street - Woolies, BHS, HMV

Fancy a vid from blockbuster?

Those smart phones will never catch on!

What's twitter? Are you on Facebook? No!

Instawhat?

Snapwotsit?

Jk Latics

I was clinging to the last days of my 20s

I sat in the lookers stand

Chris porter was our goal machine

And St Helens had just won the treble

Edited by oafcprozac

I enjoyed the early days of OWTB far more than I do today. I realise it's got something to do with the fortunes changing but rather than a celebration of our support for Latics, the banter has been replaced by personal insults, wild conspiracies, and copious amounts of willy waving.

I still visit here most days though (even if I often log off with my head in my hands!) and salute Rummy for its creation and him the rest of the staff for the upkeep of the site which must be a nightmare at times.

Here's to another 10 years, and let's hope our fortunes change so we can have a happier OWTB with friendlier debate.