10 Years of OWTB

Never mind yer OWTBs and yer Twittererers. Who is here from the original pre Rivals JKLatics (maybe geocities or something like that?!) around late 90s? I was only around 14 and used to sneak on by convincing the old man I needed to use the PC for homework and be on it all night posting barely legible opinions on all things Latics.

Those care free days when it took about 5 mins to dial up to an Internet message board that looked like fuzzy felt and any tom dick and Harry (mainly dicks) could rock on from other clubs message board without the need to register for some high quality debate. I remember one City fan around 1999 consistently trolling us before trolling was even a thing, and then we went and beat them. Lovely stuff!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will echo the posts of many others but, like them, OWTB keeps exiles like me "in the loop". We often find stuff on here before it's on the fishal. We often find some crap, too, but that's all part of it.

Although I don't post as often as some, I rarely miss a day looking in, but I do miss the chat room on match days. What's happened? It used to be that full, you couldn't get through the door. There was some good banter and terrific humour in there, often lightening the mood after a(nother) defeat. Come back, chaps and chapesses, it really does lift the gloom.

Above all, OWTB gives us exiles a chance to meet up with those who still have the misfortune (only kidding) to live in Oldham. I'm sure I've spoken to many of you at a game, mostly South of Birmingham I grant you, and not known who you are on OWTB. It's good to look forward to meeting up with the likes Mr24 (yes, honestly, I like him!), Diego Sideburns and Mrs DS, rosa, leeslover, lookersstandandy and others.

Those of you that I've got to know have also welcomed my brilliant mate, Mac, into the Latics fold. He came to his first Latics game about 15 years ago and he's been hooked ever since to the point where Latics are "his team", despite being a Bath City fan. Our wives think we're bonkers, but they go with it for the sake of our sanity. Then you think of the likes of BP1960, LaticsPete and others around my age. We most probably stood and chatted together in the RRE or the Chaddy in days gone by as youngsters.

In a nutshell, OWTB is one big family and has been for the last 10 years, so I ask that you don't spoil it. Discuss, have banter, agree and disagree with others. State points of view but don't castigate those that offer a different view. Show a bit of respect for fellow board members, even if they're on a wind up. All of that is what a Forum is about. Personal insults only demean the person making them, not the recipient. Give the chat room a crack on matchdays and have a bit of fun for an hour and a half if you can't get to the game.

So, thank you OWTB. Thanks to those that selflessly give their free time administrating something we should all enjoy.

See you at Shrewsbury.

Great post. As a fellow exile (live near Worcester these days) who doesn't get to as many games as he should*, this board is brilliant and the humour often top quality.

*I was at Oxford though to see our last League goal!

Never mind yer OWTBs and yer Twittererers. Who is here from the original pre Rivals JKLatics (maybe geocities or something like that?!) around late 90s? I was only around 14 and used to sneak on by convincing the old man I needed to use the PC for homework and be on it all night posting barely legible opinions on all things Latics.

Those care free days when it took about 5 mins to dial up to an Internet message board that looked like fuzzy felt and any tom dick and Harry (mainly dicks) could rock on from other clubs message board without the need to register for some high quality debate. I remember one City fan around 1999 consistently trolling us before trolling was even a thing, and then we went and beat them. Lovely stuff!

Yeah i used to use JKLatics (didnt post much mind, like now really). Only thing I miss from there is the more frequent interactions with other teams fans than we get now. In some ways i'm thankful for it as there was a lot of trolls but still there was the odd decent one.

Memories pop up every now and then about the team on FB. Lordy and Jordan out all night in Liquid on the sambucas with a match against Bury the next day. I started both of them and they had a stormer.

I remember Maddog texting me at half time saying we were twatting mini-United so badly she was thinking of doing the sporting thing and offering to mix the teams up. Nah, :censored: em!

I remember Maddog texting me at half time saying we were twatting mini-United so badly she was thinking of doing the sporting thing and offering to mix the teams up. Nah, :censored: em!

Are you sure that was me?

That doesn't sound like me.

Are you sure that was me?

That doesn't sound like me.

still remember my first introduction to maddog huddersfield away first owtb team game and her touchline antics namley "ref oi ref ooooooi reffffff " ":censored:in hell reeeeeeeef we want to make a sub " all delivered in a broad yonner accent the rest as they say is history

10 years of OWTB condensed :smoking:

New stand / stadium

Shez coming / going

Croft coming / going

Other manager coming / going

SC is great / devil

Debt / loans / TTA

This weeks loan player coming / going

Which shirt is best

Micah Richards transfer

Attendances falling

Ched gate

Have I missed anything? :coffee1:

Edited by Stagger Lee

I'll be sat next to him in the North Stand tomorrow, his fortitude has been greater than mine in recent seasons and he's still a season ticket holder although that's been tested greatly in the last couple of years.

Good to hear that you and he are still knocking about.

New stand / stadium

Shez coming / going

Croft coming / going

SC is great / devil

Debt / loans / TTA

Which shirt is best

Micah Richards transfer

Attendances falling

Selling the family silver cheaply, or as they prefer to call it 'giving young players a chance to better themselves'.

New stand / stadium

Shez coming / going

Croft coming / going

SC is great / devil

Debt / loans / TTA

Which shirt is best

Micah Richards transfer

Attendances falling

Ched gate

Scholes - will he, won't he?

Puns.

More puns.

Remember that final days of JKlatics seemed to be overrun with constant Tranmere fans and the people who moved JKlatics to another site.

So was a few months behind joining OWTB as Prozac hit on earlier social media has changed football banter.

My lap top use to consist of 4 pages one a Rugby League forum, 2 pages one on MSN and one that still exists.

Sadly I came off the other 3 has it became full of idiots negative :censored: always moaning, fans thinking shire team was massive & going on about the easy chant.

Fast forward it seems all the banter pages & Twitter related links are full of wannabe kids all thinking there hooligans. People thinking away followings win you games.

Still maybe when the clubs fortunes change OWTB will.

Still feel a lot of the negativity on here is more frustration however I can understand the younger fans who have never seen us out of this league but admire them for staying put.

On a different note on the list of top threads very suprised you missed out from 5 years ago.

Bacon Butty gate.