10 Years of OWTB

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to like / loathe the opposition fans on JKLatics, and the ease with which you could look at the forum of other teams to see their views on the game etc.

OWTB however offered a much improved platform / user interface and the loss of some of the "troll" away fans was a bonus.

Have been a member since the start (pretty much) and my frequency of my posts / activity is probably linked to my relative passion and interest in the team.

Sadly over the last decade, that has dwindled.

Don't get me wrong, I am and will forever be a loyal supporter with a ST, but 20+ years of almost no hope of promotion, relegation battles and for the most part managers that don't inspire.

It doesn't take a lot to re-ignite interest - LJ did it, Sheridan last season, and again now....basically the tiniest bit of hope. But the procession of uninspiring and frankly crap managers; and turnover of journeymen / loanees makes it hard at times.

That said, I am feeling positive again, and logging on and posting more regularly at the moment. When things are interesting, I will read a few times and day and post - when not it probably drops to a couple of times a week.

Wonder d if any of the mods had any graphs of the board activity over the years?

Be interesting to see how the number of posts / number of visits has changed over the years.

Could be interesting to anotate it e.g. Manager sacking / speculation about new one; play-off games and big cup games; etc.

I'd guess that the Ched Evans period is one of the highest in the decade.

Wonder d if any of the mods had any graphs of the board activity over the years?

Be interesting to see how the number of posts / number of visits has changed over the years.

Could be interesting to anotate it e.g. Manager sacking / speculation about new one; play-off games and big cup games; etc.

Some in OWTB Forums..Archives.

We usually make Rummy do this kind of stuff, as he's top-nerd.

But if he can get me or Zorrro the raw numbers I am sure one of us can piss away some work-hours playing with the spreadsheets!