Shez's 1st job on his return...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the club down? Corney couldn't wait to accept Notts county's offer! If corney is happy to accept clearly Sheridan thinks he doesn't want me so I'm off. Chaddy14 pathetic response. It clearly isn't as black and white like you think otherwise corney 'being the victim in your case' wouldn't have him back.

I'm over it after today's apology, but that is far from the truth. Sheridan actively pursued Notts once he heard there was interest...

Tough to answer that one. I suppose it will be the manner in which it happens that will determine how people feel about it. I think we all want some stability. If we went down, those who are hurt by his words in May before leaving will be calling for his head I suspect. Those who are glad he's back will be hoping he's the man to rebuild us. Sadly though, he will have to do that with Corney starving the club as ever.

What a quote this is-you are jumping thru hops over Robinson's sacking and then say this-Its people like you who contribute to 7 managers in 2 years.

Tough to answer that one. I suppose it will be the manner in which it happens that will determine how people feel about it. I think we all want some stability. If we went down, those who are hurt by his words in May before leaving will be calling for his head I suspect. Those who are glad he's back will be hoping he's the man to rebuild us. Sadly though, he will have to do that with Corney starving the club as ever.

What a quote this is-you are jumping thru hops over Robinson's sacking and then say this-Its people like you who contribute to 7 managers in 2 years.

Personally I'd say it's :censored: performances and :censored: results.

Saying 7 like we have sacked 7. 2 made the choice to leave. 5 wasn't good enough.

And before that we only had two permanent managers in 5 years and one only left because he wanted too...

Is it really? I've only ever called for 3 managers to be sacked in 36 years. The 3 who were sinking us without trace! Talbot, Dunn and Robbo. I don't know if you've realised this yet...but relegation to the level below isn't stability! Crack on with your bollocks tho pal! Edited by boundaryblue80

Quite a sad and narrow minded outlook IMO...

Sounds like you haven't ever had a great relationship with your employer. You talk about an employer as solely the business and for some its very different to that.

I consider my employer to be my boss and immediate peer group not the company name. Loyalty so far has proven highly valuable for me personally and I know it is looked on fondly by our business. Now if you work in recruitment or some other dog eat dog industry I can understand your point of view however in football terms I think loyalty is more important than you suggest.

:lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

I'm not Corney's biggest fan but we told Notts County 2 or 3 times to piss off before accepting. We also offered him more money than he was on here, it just wasn't as much as they were offering there. I don't begrudge anyone going to earn more money but he went about it the wrong way when he left by saying he'd only leave for Wednesday or Leeds. He should have been honest or kept his gob shut.

Glad to have him back though.

He never said that.

He never said that.

C'mon now.... I can't recall the exact words he used.... but his general language was one of, I have unfinished business, I want to get us promoted, I'd only leave for a dream job - which many, including myself & Jorvik clearly, assumed to mean the likes of Leeds or Sheffield Weds, not League 2 Notts County. I'm not vilifying him for leaving because he felt the circumstances with us were not favourable & more money in Nottingham was a better option - I'm disappointed in him for not being what he claims to be in his press conference - which is a straight talker. Forget talking for a while John, get us winning and I might be willing to forgive & forget.