Shez press conference

Obviously not as much excitement this time round some highlights:

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 27m27 minutes ago

JS: "I got a good offer from another club. The fans felt I let them down by leaving but I just want them to get behind the club now."

MENOAFC @MENOAFC 26m26 minutes ago

Sheridan: "My contract is two-and-a-half years and I promise I will not be moving clubs during that time." #oafc

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 25m25 minutes ago

JS: "Ian Baraclough will be on the touch line tomorrow as I serve my final game of a ban."

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 23m23 minutes ago

JS: "Carlo & Ian have worked their socks off for us. I know them both through previous clubs & they have good enthusiasm."

MENOAFC @MENOAFC 22m22 minutes ago

Sheridan says he thinks the transfer embargo will be lifted on Monday. Anthony Gerrard set to re-sign once that happens. #oafc

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 22m22 minutes ago

JS: "I was talking to another club before taking this job. I'm lucky to get this opportunity."

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 31m31 minutes ago

JS: "The fans with me last year were unbelievable. I know some are disgruntled but I can only apologise."

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 30m30 minutes ago

JS: "I got a good offer from another club. The fans felt I let them down by leaving but I just want them to get behind the club now."

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC 30m30 minutes ago

JS: "Money never motivates me. I just want to manage & be successful. I don't want to go on about it much but I didn't jump ship."

MENOAFC @MENOAFC 28m28 minutes ago

Sheridan: "I think 95% of the fans are behind me but I know there are some that will still hold a grudge." #oafc

Edited by singe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I doubt that there's any OAFC fan who didn't crack a smile when seeing that picture of Shez back in our club's tracksuit.

Life's too short to bear a grudge. He thought he could better himself when going to Notts County....and who can blame him with our budget and prospects.

2.5 year contract decides it for me. He didn't have to assure us that he won't be moving clubs during that period but he did, on record. That's the icing on the cake.

Yes he can be a miserable :censored:er but each time under Shez the team has delivered excitement, goals and that survival spirit. Our defensive partnership may be as mobile as an oil tanker but in Clarke and Gerrard you won't have two more experienced, combated and passionate defenders at this level. Build in front of them and Ripley with some creativity and scoring ability and not only will we avoid relegation but there's time to climb that table too.

Our defensive partnership may be as mobile as an oil tanker but in Clarke and Gerrard you won't have two more experienced, combated and passionate defenders at this level. Build in front of them and Ripley with some creativity and scoring ability and not only will we avoid relegation but there's time to climb that table too.

There's no way that a side with Gerrard, Clarke and Ripley as their defensive core should be getting relegated from the third tier.

With some decent management you've got to expect us to do it again.

We've scored 12 goals in 24 games and are within 3 points of four sides. Surely out of them all, we've got the most room for improvement with a few additions.

Baraclough still here, wasn't he part of the problem ?

Wouldn't read too much into that....Shez only came in yesterday and he won't be in the dugout due to his ban. If he can work with Barraclough it would certainly save the club another pay off...time will tell.

Hastily arranged, cut them some slack.

They've had a day at least to sort something out, make it look more professional, it just looks half-arsed. They've just built a new stand with conferencing facilities etc and they use a small room with no boards. Small things probably but it doesn't look great at all.

Robbo sets out the game plan and Barraclough helps prepare the players accordingly......doesn't necessarily mean he's a poor coach does it?

If we can survive the season with the backroom staff here already and the money saved can be used to bring in new players surely that would be best all round.

I'm sure if It's not working out Shez will do what's necessary.

They've had a day at least to sort something out, make it look more professional, it just looks half-arsed. They've just built a new stand with conferencing facilities etc and they use a small room with no boards. Small things probably but it doesn't look great at all.

A big showy press conference probably not the way to go given the circumstances.