Shez press conference

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right but we still could have done a lot better than what we did, as I said it makes us look a bit amateurish.

We are amateurish. Just like Cheltenham signing Winch on a scabby sofa yesterday. We're a lower league football team, I'd rather we tried to get it right with long term strategy and results on the pitch. Edited by jorvik_latic

We are amateurish. Just like Cheltenham singing Winch on a scabby sofa yesterday. We're a lower league football team, I'd rather we tried to get it right with long term strategy and results on the pitch.

I rather we weren't amateurish and made an effort, small things as I said. Strategy and results far more important of course but that hasn't been going too well the last few seasons.

'I dont want to keep goin on about it, but I didnt jump ship.'

It was a fast sinking ship, he jumped onto a lifeboat taking him to what seemed calmer waters, now after an S.O.S he's back in choppy seas again this time on a dingy.

Bless all who sail with him.

PS. I'll be on board the love boat on Saturday as usual.

Edited by BP1960

We are amateurish. Just like Cheltenham singing Winch on a scabby sofa yesterday. We're a lower league football team, I'd rather we tried to get it right with long term strategy and results on the pitch.

Spot on they could of given Shez a sheepskin jacket & interviewed him in the falling snow it's a quick appoointment as you point out its what happens on the pitch that matters

They've had a day at least to sort something out, make it look more professional, it just looks half-arsed. They've just built a new stand with conferencing facilities etc and they use a small room with no boards. Small things probably but it doesn't look great at all.

Ye Gods, talk about doing your level best to find something to moan about. They could have interviewed him in the bog for all I care. He's back, looks like it's long term, a man who only wants success. That'll do for me.

Guest nonaenever

Thought that was a good press conference. He exudes a calming influence and knows the club inside out. The 2 and half year contract news is excellent, as well as his comments that his immediate aim is to keep us up - and build from there. He could have just agreed to "save us" again and signed up for the rest of the season with an option to extend. He hasn't done that and that is the bit that fills me with most hope i.e. from negotiations he must be satisfied that the Chairman et al are going to support him to get us "back where we were" (quote) and "out of this division" (quote). All very positive stuff for me.

The king is dead................ long live the king!

Guest nonaenever

He did have a 2 and half year deal last time as well...

I know but I just get the impression that both parties​ may well have learned some lessons from a year ago. If so, great - that can only be to our benefit.