Shez press conference

I didn't want him back. Changed my mind. Still feel bad for Robbo. Needs new players though. We were up for it against port vale the effort was there so needs to find someone to create/score. Think McKay with someone like Holloway would work. McKay has that same graft that Main did.

I think the most like Main is Erwin, both tended to drift to the left wing.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I amm over the moon with Shez coming back and the vast majority of fans back him.Thank god Robinson has gone.He was by far one of the worst so called managers we ever had.I cant wish him well.Pity we are left with a bunch of dregs but I feel Shez can get the best from them If he cant then no one can and :censored: em off and let the ones he can improve themselves stay andcarry on with some new signings.

Our sorry state at rock bottom is amplfied having played the most boring

football since the Penney era.Corney has to take some of the blame for being gullable to take on these last bunch of tosspots,Shez excluded.

I am not saying Shez can work miracles again but it has renewed my faith in him doing his best for us and I will still support him even if we go down .since he has a huge task ahead of him we all must rally round and that includes the ones who did not want him back which are in the vast minority.

I amm over the moon with Shez coming back and the vast majority of fans back him.Thank god Robinson has gone.He was by far one of the worst so called managers we ever had.I cant wish him well.Pity we are left with a bunch of dregs but I feel Shez can get the best from them If he cant then no one can and :censored: em off and let the ones he can improve themselves stay andcarry on with some new signings.

Our sorry state at rock bottom is amplfied having played the most boring

football since the Penney era.Corney has to take some of the blame for being gullable to take on these last bunch of tosspots,Shez excluded.

I am not saying Shez can work miracles again but it has renewed my faith in him doing his best for us and I will still support him even if we go down .since he has a huge task ahead of him we all must rally round and that includes the ones who did not want him back which are in the vast minority.

Baraclough has remained, are you happy about that?

4 mins into that press conference, and a lot of bull:censored: it so far

"I got a really good offer"

"Money has never motivated me"

"Oldham did well out of me leaving"

"Didn't think I could take the club any further, didn't want to spoil the achievement of staying up"

He did say as a player (I think).

The bit I noticed most in the interview (and the same as last year) is him saying just need to instill confidence and belief in the players. Both Dunn and Robinson were talking to the press about getting rid of players (rightly or wrongly) and as a result the performances got worse.

He did say as a player (I think).

The bit I noticed most in the interview (and the same as last year) is him saying just need to instill confidence and belief in the players. Both Dunn and Robinson were talking to the press about getting rid of players (rightly or wrongly) and as a result the performances got worse.

Nah, there's reasons he's afraid to mention, which is fine, but he blatantly contradicts himself by saying he got a really good offer and then a minute later says "I've never been motivated by money".

It's all spin, and there's more to it that he doesn't want to say, but he comes off really uncomfortable as he generally does in front of camera.

All he really needs to say is that it he got an opportunity which he felt was right for him and his family and leave it at that, but he's stuttering about trying to justify himself, attempting to make his reasons look transparent and honest, but he does inadvertantly come across as being full of :censored:.

Still glad he's back though.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Nah, there's reasons he's afraid to mention, which is fine, but he blatantly contradicts himself by saying he got a really good offer and then a minute later says "I've never been motivated by money".

Only if you take "really good offer" to solely refer to how much they were paying him...

In the context of him saying he thought it would have been difficult to do well had he stayed here I took it that "really good offer" also have meant he might have been attracted by his transfer budget, their facilities maybe, maybe they have a good youth setup, length of contract, target he was given, car?, digs?, other perks.... who knows? Could mean allsorts...

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest nonaenever

I can't blame him for going but don't really understand why he'd want to come back...

Hopefully because the club realised it was a mistake not to have backed him last year (i.e. on issues around the playing front) - everything has now been squared on that front and assurances made - and he's signed up happy for 2 and a half years (and stated he deffo won't be going anywhere else). Sounds very much like a good reconciliation and the most positive news for a long time.

I didn't get that impression. No doubt he was offered more money but I thought he meant that the more important reason was that Oldham wouldn't support him in the players he wanted and he didn't want a season of struggle and Notts County was the better option. I can't blame him for going but don't really understand why he'd want to come back...

We are a good job for somebody if they can get it going, he knows this more than most because he's done it once before.

Only if you take "really good offer" to solely refer to how much they were paying him...

In the context of him saying he thought it would have been difficult to do well had he stayed here I took it that "really good offer" also have meant he might have been attracted by his transfer budget, their facilities maybe, maybe they have a good youth setup, length of contract, target he was given, car?, digs?, other perks.... who knows? Could mean allsorts...

He did go on to mention about a lot more money didn't he?

Top man if true about IB and CN, struggled as our manager and will have learnt a lot but youve got to admire the blokes values.

But why finance someone who's he's never worked with and been involved in our downfall ?

Didn't take a much respected and out of work Peter Shirtliff to Notts County with him did he?

Seems more to this than meets the eye.

Edited by BP1960