Shez press conference

Replying on this topic. Sheridan was in something of a difficult position and had to think about what he could and could not say about last summer. He was however apart from this relaxed and positive.

As a manager I never got the best out of people by doing what Robinson did. I only got the best out of them by supporting them, praising their effort and most importantly encouraging them to enjoy their work. This is what Sheridan does and will do. With a few new faces goals will come and survival becomes probable.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replying on this topic. Sheridan was in something of a difficult position and had to think about what he could and could not say about last summer. He was however apart from this relaxed and positive.

As a manager I never got the best out of people by doing what Robinson did. I only got the best out of them by supporting them, praising their effort and most importantly encouraging them to enjoy their work. This is what Sheridan does and will do. With a few new faces goals will come and survival becomes probable.

Exactly I think the difficulty is with the loan system shutting its hard to change people around when you find people just aren't up to it. The presurre is on the manager to acknowledge the weaknesses to the fans so they show that they know change is necessary without killing player spirit. It's tough and the transfer windows make their life harder.

That was my main question following his return - if

If you left us in May 2016 as you claim (in this press conference) that you couldn't take us any further then why return when nothing has fundamentally changed?

His employment status had fundamentally changed.

Has has the fact that it now won't be his fault if we go down.

Contracts aren't there to force people to stay, they're there to give you some leverage to ensure you get compensation when they go.

You could refuse to let them move but then you just end up with a disgruntled employee putting in the minimum effort.

Edited by Crusoe