Shrewsbury v Latics

Disappointing we've not brought in at least one quality midfielder and a quality striker, what we've got isn't good enough and tomorrow is a big game to go into short on quality, Shrewsbury are no mugs and we've strengthened the only position we were okay in, very strange tbh especially on the back if what was said last week.

Hopefully the manager will be able to eek out more from the strikers - Erwin is talented and McKay (many think) has goals in him. Flynn can do it, McLaughlin doesn't look too bad either.

I'd be worried we lack drive in the middle though. Solid and knick a goal is going to be the realistic plan before we sign a centre mid who can play a bit, unless he can get Green or Banks to fulfill that role.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would crazy to play Law centre mid. Play him at right back so we still have his free kicks. His corners are terrible. But we cant have a situation where Fane is the only person tackling.

Ngoo and Holloway both might start.

It would crazy to play Law centre mid. Play him at right back so we still have his free kicks. His corners are terrible. But we cant have a situation where Fane is the only person tackling.

Who do you play instead who can tackle? I've thought about this and at least Law has a pop from open play, but the rest of the time he doesn't do much. But neithe do the others! Worst midfield we have had in many a year. And people despised Furman and Kelly!

Was looking forward to this but now my selfish missus ( tongue in cheek ) has decided to go into labour. It's quite a slow labour it seems but she was not happy when I was biggin up the maternaty unit in Shrewsbury. Best on trip advisor I told her.

'strewth can't she wait till the posh game - drop her off at the maternity ward before walking down to see the game.

Wish you all the best :grin:

Was looking forward to this but now my selfish missus ( tongue in cheek ) has decided to go into labour. It's quite a slow labour it seems but she was not happy when I was biggin up the maternaty unit in Shrewsbury. Best on trip advisor I told her.

Love it. Best of luck.

Reminds me that I'm the days before mobile phones I recall the odd tannoy announcement during the game to ask someone to head to the hospital as their wife was in labour.

Also, reminded of a story with some friends planning a big weekend to include watching an England game in a major tournament.

Arrangements being made and then one of the lads emails to say that it's the same day as his wife's due date. Immediate response from one of the others....

"Bummer. Must be gutted to miss the birth of your first child"