Erwin

Started the season looking alright, lost a load of confidence and used as a target man when he clearly isn't. Had a good hour on Saturday and looked like he could produce again but still not fantastic. Wouldn't mind if he stayed, and wouldn't be arsed if he left

Started the season looking alright, lost a load of confidence and used as a target man when he clearly isn't. Had a good hour on Saturday and looked like he could produce again but still not fantastic. Wouldn't mind if he stayed, and wouldn't be arsed if he left

This is spot on. I really can't be bothered either way about him or McKay. I don't feel they've been granted enough clear goal scoring chances to be warranted as :censored:. Equally, I just don't feel they've done enough with the chances they've had. Erwin's lovely run on Saturday ended in typical fashion...a poor finish. Most times that he or McKay get a shot off you just know it's going straight down the keepers throat.

I remember a comment a fellow Latics fan (Mark Winterbottom, for those who know him...think he's Latics & England on here) made earlier this season....he talked about watching them taking shooting practice in a warm up before a game and noted that none of our strikers could score from distance. This was practice without being under any pressure and they couldn't score. Which is pretty damning when we don't play in any sort of way to feed a fox in the box. And they can't head a ball to save their lives.

Actually, the more I write this...the more I'm thinking we sorely need to get rid of them both :laught30:

For me he can go.. I have seen enough of him to realise he isn't good enough. For a biggish lad he's absolute tosh in the air ( A 60yrd pass floating through the air on sat where he tried to bring down with his foot instead of attempting to head ...he even knows he's :censored:e in that department) and his hold up play is near non existent .Ok he can dribble a bit but as others have stated his finishing is woeful therefore he wont be no loss.

For me he can go.. I have seen enough of him to realise he isn't good enough. For a biggish lad he's absolute tosh in the air ( A 60yrd pass floating through the air on sat where he tried to bring down with his foot instead of attempting to head ...he even knows he's :censored:e in that department) and his hold up play is near non existent .Ok he can dribble a bit but as others have stated his finishing is woeful therefore he wont be no loss.

spot on this

• 2 months later...

Up until Shez took over he was all show and no go.He has improved a lot as indeed a lot of other players have since Robinson was sacked.Good on him and I hope he continues scoring now his confidence is sky high.Cost me £100 recently but money I gladly paid to the Trust. 

• Ackey locked this topic