Connor Ripley staying!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that Alnick for Vale was excellent.

Although it's fine margins because Ripley has done so little wrong and so much right it's hard to imagine many others have exceeded him

Yeah, always impressed by him and Archer at Millwall.

Swindon keeper looks a bit of a rogue but always seems to be making great saves on the highlights.

He's already a very very good keeper. I recall one mistake at Preston early in the season, which he hasnt repeated, which for a GK at his age is excellent. Coleman is playing higher level and made a mistake every other game whilst still developing. His consistency, confidence and communication will mean he will definitely play at the top level

He's already a very very good keeper. I recall one mistake at Preston early in the season, which he hasnt repeated, which for a GK at his age is excellent. Coleman is playing higher level and made a mistake every other game whilst still developing. His consistency, confidence and communication will mean he will definitely play at the top level

A howler against MK Dons at home.

Still the best Latics keeper I've seen live.

I loved Goram (younger version) who at times kept us in games single handedly and the biggest compliment I can pay Ripley is that he does exactly the same, I'm not sure why he's not had his chance at an higher level yet but the guys been outstanding for us since he walked through the door, destined to go onto much things and we are very fortunate to have him.

I loved Goram (younger version) who at times kept us in games single handedly and the biggest compliment I can pay Ripley is that he does exactly the same, I'm not sure why he's not had his chance at an higher level yet but the guys been outstanding for us since he walked through the door, destined to go onto much things and we are very fortunate to have him.

And Ripley is a top guy, not a :censored:ing :censored:.

He is a fantastic young goalkeeper who we are incredibly fortunate to have. That much is absolutely clear.

The intangibles of leadership and communication are excellent in addition to his shot stopping that is top draw.

The only drawbacks I can see are some pretty questionable distribution at times and sometimes his range when coming off his line.

He is destined for higher things. Don't be surprised to see him at Villa next year if they go up and 'Boro want to sell. They have watched him a number of times this year and have been impressed...

He is a fantastic young goalkeeper who we are incredibly fortunate to have. That much is absolutely clear.

The intangibles of leadership and communication are excellent in addition to his shot stopping that is top draw.

The only drawbacks I can see are some pretty questionable distribution at times and sometimes his range when coming off his line.

He is destined for higher things. Don't be surprised to see him at Villa next year if they go up and 'Boro want to sell. They have watched him a number of times this year and have been impressed...

He's well thought of at Boro. Not sure they'd sell him given their other three keepers are all cracking on a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

He's well thought of at Boro. Not sure they'd sell him given their other three keepers are all cracking on a bit.

Spent an evening at a Black Tie Burns night yesterday and on our table was a chap called Leo Percovich.

Ex-professional footballer (Uruguay international keeper) and we started talking football and he asked who I supported, and when I told him, he immediately mentioned Ripley.

It transpired that he is the Middlesbrough goalkeeping coach and a huge fan of CR. His, and the clubs view, is that he has a huge future and will be there No.1 for a long time and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as an international.

Was very interested in our view on him - told he was sh*t and that I didn't think he had what it takes ;-)

Had some issues early on with fitness and weight, but has knuckled down and the stability of a partner and a young child has helped him mature.

Don't think we stand any hope of keeping him beyond this season.

He is made of the right stuff. He could probably have been forgiven for reporting back that he wasn't exactly happy at losing every week and being bottom of division three, so he could get recalled and go somewhere else.

Got his head screwed on tho and realises that he is learning.

Also seems slightly mental, which you have to be to be a keeper.

He will be the single biggest reason we don't go down this season.

Everything seems to be sticking to his gloves. Refreshing to see a modern day keeper look to and most often than not catch the ball at first attempt. Seems to be the norm now that keepers just punch it, which more than likely puts more pressure on your defence.

As good as I think he is, and will go onto be. Those odds are shocking to say a lot could go wrong for him in his career, e.g. Long term injury down the line. Hopefully that's not the case though.

11th clean sheet yesterday is the most by any other keeper in League 1 this season, record stands at 16 for a season.

To say we've been in and around the relegation places all season this is some effort, I just hope he can stay fit and go on to smash the record, after yesterday he is only one booking away from a one match ban as he collected his fourth yellow.