Connor Ripley staying!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11th clean sheet yesterday is the most by any other keeper in League 1 this season, record stands at 16 for a season.

To say we've been in and around the relegation places all season this is some effort, I just hope he can stay fit and go on to smash the record, after yesterday he is only one booking away from a one match ban as he collected his fourth yellow.

Isn't there an amnesty at Christmas timee for yellows? So he'd have to get 10yellows for a ban

Looking back through Pogs first season it looks like he had 18 clean sheets in the League and 20 overall?

Its definately not 16 but maybe someone with better statistical knowledge can help me out, either way he's on track to have a superb season and can't be faulted for what he's done already in a side thats struggled.

Guest Stanley30

This guys immense , one of the best loans we've ever had. Will probably be the reason we stay up. Good luck to the young man as I think we maybe looking at a top prem keeper.

Looked like he had a knock against Bradford and then had treatment after 2 minutes on Saturday and for a v short period had CBs taking goal kicks.

But then seemed OK.

You know I knew I should have thrown myself on the pitch and offered to give him a massage. My hands may have been a tad cold but I'm sure I would have coped....

On a serious note, hope we have a decent back up....

You know I knew I should have thrown myself on the pitch and offered to give him a massage. My hands may have been a tad cold but I'm sure I would have coped....

On a serious note, hope we have a decent back up....

Heard that our second keeper was injured and that the youth player had already played in the morning....so maybe not!

How many times have you seen kettings play?

Use to watch him regular at blackpool youth when I was scouting. His agent made him out to be world class palace bought him without actually seeing him play. Never seen anything other than a conference player. Can pull out a world class save but then 3 howlers always follow.

Edited by adamoafc

Does he have the same agent as Ladapo? I see they've both been at Bromley. He's had one appearance for us and let 5 in, granted Burgess had a mare that night but Carlisle seemed to score with every shot on target.

He was shakey for a couple of them too. Was going say he is still young but Ripley :censored:s on that argument a bit. Although he has had more experience

There was no reserve keeper on the bench on Saturday, because Kettings suffered concussion in training the day before.

And the youth keeper had already played on Saturday. Assume he will be on bench tomorrow. I wonder who was nominated as keeper if needed. Probably Clarke or Gerrard...