What's in a username ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ackey if I do the same can I finally change my username to Rob Purdie

You say that - I only changed it to Forte_Baby about 18months ago for you! But yes - pays yer money and PM me and Stevie J

if one of the mods can change mine from 'thetramdriver' to 'thetramfixer' I will happily bung a tenner in the pot! cheers ...

Yep - pays yer money and PM me and Stevie J :)

I started posting on the old JK during the summer of hell. I think we all needed a dose during those dark few months off the field. On the field I don't think as a fan base we've ever been so together. Made friends with a fair few people that I'm still friends with today during that time.

Nowadays my username should be oafcmeh many things on the field don't grind my gears as much. As you get older you realise that whingeing at the players makes little difference. It's just the off field stuff that continues to boil my urine..

I started posting on the old JK during the summer of hell. I think we all needed a dose during those dark few months off the field. On the field I don't think as a fan base we've ever been so together. Made friends with a fair few people that I'm still friends with today during that time.

Nowadays my username should be oafcmeh many things on the field don't grind my gears as much. As you get older you realise that whingeing at the players makes little difference. It's just the off field stuff that continues to boil my urine..

Must say, your username wins, just for the fact that you managed to get the Chairman to say the words 'oafc prozac' in a recorded interview.

Heroic.

Moved to Germany in 2003. In the first few months here I went to a beergarden to meet up with other expats & Germans, to which I wore my England shirt. I was given the nickname 3 Lions* there and then.

*I am in no way affiliated with the 3lions Rochdale fan that joined the site some time ago.

A combination of factors.

Was living in Scapegoat Hill (Huddersfield) at the time I created my JKLatics accunt.

The location prompted a thought process that as Latics fans (all football fans?) we love a good scapegoat / boo boy, and I think it was about the time Ritchie got the ack as manager - which felt like the ultimate scapegoat the the time.

The Ghost of Branden McMannus (I think) was one of the weirdest I recall. When I looked it up I seem to recall it being a large goalkeeper who made 2 appearances for the club in the 1960s