Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great initiative. I must admit that I'm surprised the club feels they can afford to do it, given the financial constaints it is currently operating under.

Even the donations made on the day are going to a charity, Mahdlo Youth Zone, so the club won't be making anything from admissions on the game.

You miss my point... the long term vision needs to come from the club first before people will cough up hard earned. Especially after the turmoil of last few years...

It is most likely that some stay aways will take up the offer of the free game and even if we win convincingly won't return. This is because they need more assurance of product on the pitch over the longer term...

Nah I'm not missing the point.

Long term vision blah blah just excuses. Winning matches and a buzz around the place gets people back. Hopefully a good crowd and result will kickstart the back end of the season!

It's a great initiative. I must admit that I'm surprised the club feels they can afford to do it, given the financial constaints it is currently operating under.

Even the donations made on the day are going to a charity, Mahdlo Youth Zone, so the club won't be making anything from admissions on the game.

It can't afford to do it but at the same time can't afford not to. Need to try and increase general crowds after the shambolic 6 months we have just had so a freebie and hopefully a decent game and win may bring some people back so the benifit is long term. Edited by super_blue

If they're doing it to assess potential support - they might be setting themselves up for a bit of a fall.

I'm no marketing strategist, but I can't see 10,000 queueing round the block to see a relegation scrap on Tuesday night in January, free or otherwise, although happy to be proven wrong...

If they're just doing it as a goodwill gesture - fantastic.

If they're doing it to assess potential support - they might be setting themselves up for a bit of a fall.

I'm no marketing strategist, but I can't see 10,000 queueing round the block to see a relegation scrap on Tuesday night in January, free or otherwise, although happy to be proven wrong...

If they're just doing it as a goodwill gesture - fantastic.

It's a goodwill gesture...they are not expecting 10,000 in a cold January night. Edited by super_blue

Back of an envelope that I can't be arsed even doing, but would there have more than 500 adult pay on the dayers? If 1000 extra come and see a decent show with new signings then it's easy to see them making it to an a average half an extra game each over the rest of the season.

And there's the extra money they won't be able to spend on pies.

Nah I'm not missing the point.

Long term vision blah blah just excuses. Winning matches and a buzz around the place gets people back. Hopefully a good crowd and result will kickstart the back end of the season!

You and Harry are both missing the point.

How many times does the club offer something like this, things start to look up on and off the pitch, then they proceed to mess it up; sometimes within months.

Someone comes back after posh, sees a few games, starts getting the buzz again, then the club don't show enough ambition or press self destruct after the initial rescue act- which they created - to KEEP them coming back.

It's a great gesture by the club, no doubt. I hope it leads on to bigger and better things.

But if you think a great gesture and a few goals/wins will be bring people back regularly (which is what we really want) then your either very naive or deluded.

You and Harry are both missing the point.

How many times does the club offer something like this, things start to look up on and off the pitch, then they proceed to mess it up; sometimes within months.

Someone comes back after posh, sees a few games, starts getting the buzz again, then the club don't show enough ambition or press self destruct after the initial rescue act- which they created - to KEEP them coming back.

It's a great gesture by the club, no doubt. I hope it leads on to bigger and better things.

But if you think a great gesture and a few goals/wins will be bring people back regularly (which is what we really want) then your either very naive or deluded.

I neither specified "a few" goals/wins or :censored:ing loads of them - any particular reason you're pretending i said "a few"? Edited by HarryBosch

I neither specified "a few" goals/wins or :censored:ing loads of them - any particular reason you're pretending i said "a few"?

Any particular reason your being a nob?

Did I directly quote you? Did I say Harry said a few?

You and others jumping over all people as soon they offer a different view.