Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see that there is much of a cost to the club. The number of people who would have paid to get in will be minimal, especially against Posh who would have brought under 100.

If this is correctly marketed I think we could pretty much fill the ground. If people think it's going to be a huge crowd (by our levels) with a great atmosphere they will want to be there. Ultimately, you need to make people think that they will be missing out by not being there.

If that is the case then we shouldn't hear any more moans about low expectations from the club etc etc.

A cynic might say the club is looking for a reason to say this - they can't possibly be expecting a big crowd for it.

I don't have as many gripes with Corney et al as some fans do, but I genuinely do not understand the timing of these offers...

A cynic might say the club is looking for a reason to say this - they can't possibly be expecting a big crowd for it.

I don't have as many gripes with Corney et al as some fans do, but I genuinely do not understand the timing of these offers...

Think it's a bit of an acknowledgement that it might have been a cock up on our part regarding the original game.

But like I said earlier in thread, people queue for hours for free stuff so the home ends should be nearly full for this, regardless of what has gone on before.

Think it's a bit of an acknowledgement that it might have been a cock up on our part regarding the original game.

But like I said earlier in thread, people queue for hours for free stuff so the home ends should be nearly full for this, regardless of what has gone on before.

Hope so.

Unlike my son I've never got in for free so I could pretend I don't have a season ticket and see the match for free.

Of course then I'll be expected to make a donation to the charity and this game will actually cost me more than it otherwise would.

Great idea to welcome the conquering hero back, which no doubt will already have happened when our away support swells the Shrewsbury coffers.

All we need is goals, entertainment and wins plus a declaration, backed by action,that survival is no longer the only ambition we have. Appropriate action would be keeping a manager long term who is allowed to build team.

Guessing how many pies to order will be rather difficult on what is likely to be a dry but chilly evening. I would have expected sub 3,000 possibly 2,500 pre Shez. Post Shez comfortably over 3,000. I can't see free tickets getting more than another 1,000 so 4475 is my guess - people not pies. I hope there is 10,000 to see an entertaining old style 3 2 win.

Edited by Hands on

The internet says capacity is 13500.

Is that correct or is that the old figure?

How many does the Chaddy End hold?

4,600 Frizzell stand

2,600 North stand

3.500 Sports Direct should have painted the roof stand

2,500 Main stand

All numbers are guesses from fading memory on my part.

c13,200 capacity.

Expecting a :censored: game and a defeat then....

Doesn't this always happen when we get crowds 'above average' on a special match deal... :coffee1:

6-0 last time it was free. If we get 10,000 which I don't think we will, and Shez masterminds a thrilling last minute 5-4 win, how many would we see at the next home game?

6-0 last time it was free. If we get 10,000 which I don't think we will, and Shez masterminds a thrilling last minute 5-4 win, how many would we see at the next home game?

9999 as a start because I'll have died from the shock.