• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the reason he got so many is clear, he threatened to take out the official. The swearing isn't much. it's for the threat, which is the bit I don't tthink we should defend. Lots of so called journalists ( MArtyn Ziegler of the Times being a prime example) and writers tweeting mock outrage for views. Ziegler calls for a 1 year ban,

Hilarious, you're joking right!!!!!....very fortunate to only get a 5 game ban. Totally unacceptable behaviour that you'd maybe only expect from a pub Sunday league manager.

With the publicity this is receiving in the media I also get a feeling we haven't heard the last of this incident, very embarrassing for our club and for Sheridan!

Why's it embarrassing for the club? Shrek down at Old Trafford tells the referee to :censored: Off about a dozen times a game on live TV in front of millions yet nothing done or said about that, Shez has been punished and rightly so but it's not exactly something new in the game is it.

Why's it embarrassing for the club? Shrek down at Old Trafford tells the referee to :censored: Off about a dozen times a game on live TV in front of millions yet nothing done or said about that, Shez has been punished and rightly so but it's not exactly something new in the game is it.

"I approached them to tell them they needed to remain in their technical area. Mr Sheridan then shouted directly into my face, 'You're a f****** c***.

I then called across referee Eddie Ilderton, who dismissed Mr Sheridan from the technical area.

"On leaving the technical area, Mr Sheridan approached me again, shouting directly at me, 'You really are a c***. I'm gonna knock you out, you c***."

That's a little different from run of the mill verbals don't you think?

Edited by oafc1955

"I approached them to tell them they needed to remain in their technical area. Mr Sheridan then shouted directly into my face, 'You're a f****** c***.

I then called across referee Eddie Ilderton, who dismissed Mr Sheridan from the technical area.

"On leaving the technical area, Mr Sheridan approached me again, shouting directly at me, 'You really are a c***. I'm gonna knock you out, you c***."

You hear worse down a pub on a friday/saturday night.

You ban someone for life for saying they are going to knock you out and drop the c bomb. Where do you stop? Does Calvin Andrew get banned for life for trying to knock someone out? Do you ban someone for life for headbutting someone? Ban someone for life because they broke someones leg in a bad tackle?

I'd say they are worse than being called a name and being threatened to be knocked out. Football lets killers and rapists back in and people want to ban someone for life for threatening to hit someone?

It is and I am surprised he only got a five game touchline ban. However the matter has been addressed and the punishment given and taken, while I would not be surprised if the FA caved in to growing pressure from the media it would be grossly unfair and create a legal minefield if further punishment was applied.

Can everyone get a :censored:ing grip?

BOOM !!! What this man said. Just a bit of swearing in the heat of the moment. I wonder if the precious little flowers that think this is indefensible etc etc blah blah , have actually ever played a game of football at whatever level. I used to be like the Hulk during the match. And that is without the massive pressure of losing your job and the like. Anyway back to the quote I was agreeing with get a :censored:ing grip