Sheridan V Robinson

I think he's scored all his goals for Shrewsbury from inside the penalty area, he spent most of his time here outside it.

Was it tactics here that dictated where he should play?

I heard Baraclough had him in a choke hold in training, said he'd cut his tackle off if he ever saw him go into the box.

Ladapo's first game (ironically vs Shrewsbury) I thought he looked like a poacher. He had a snap shot, saved. Then we put the ball across the box twice at the end. Once he beat his man - saved. Once he hit the bar. He just looked like a "fox in the box" to me....

we seemed to want him to play 40 yards from the box though. Fox thrown to the dogs.

Sometimes players just work at one club and don't at another for whatever reason.

That said, I didn't expect Ladapo to be one of those players as he didn't look like doing anything at this level.

There have been a number of forwards at Latics I felt were just not good enough but seemingly went elsewhere and did OK.

Stuart "Jigsaw" Barlow was one example. Never that much good with us, but went on to bag a hatful at Wigan if I recall.

Lapado is likely to be added to that list.

Vice versa - I think Doncaster fans thought the same of Curtis Main when they let him go last season. Scored the goals to keep a relegation rival up.

Harsh on Barlow. He chipped in a fair few times for us...

31 in 90ish. 1 in 3.

Bloody hell, we had higher standards in those days. Remember not being that impressed with him at the time.

I'd crawl across broken glass with my fly unzipped for that sort of record now...

Edited by Scapegoat

Would of been interested to see how Shez would of managed Ladapo unfortunately his loan expired and we were still under embargo and Shrewsbury snapped him up, I think Shez would of got him scoring for us, he was being used as a target man under Robinson and was exposed as it's not his game, he's clearly a poacher and now Shrewsbury getting the most out of him by playing to his strengths, I think he would of come good for us next to a Holloway

Would of been interested to see how Shez would of managed Ladapo unfortunately his loan expired and we were still under embargo and Shrewsbury snapped him up, I think Shez would of got him scoring for us, he was being used as a target man under Robinson and was exposed as it's not his game, he's clearly a poacher and now Shrewsbury getting the most out of him by playing to his strengths, I think he would of come good for us next to a Holloway

Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen the phrases, Lapado and snapped up uttered.

Echoing what's been said really, but under Robinson's style of football it was a tough ask for any of the strikers to flourish. I just wish Ladapo would have had a chance to play under Shez, it really could have been a different story.

Perhaps he was one who was "bullied out" by the fans that Mr. Corney mentioned in his meet with NNN.

The Ladapo for Shrewsbury was entirely different to the Ladapo here.

His first touch, which was as bad as I've seen from a Latics player at times, looked transformed against us. The strength he showed at our place was nothing without that first touch.

As for the goals, they're a form team - we were never one under Robinson. Let's wait and see a few more months before we proclaim him as one that got away.