Chinese investors...

I thought this might merit a thread of its own at this stage...

So - if you believe what you hear/read online - we opened the turnstyles (to show off potential fan base)

We got Scholes in to take training (to impress potential investors)

We gave them free scarves to wave around at the match...

And Corney bought them a Nando's lunch...

A pipe-dream or a potential reality?

At least it's something to talk about for a while...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no question there were two (that I could see) Chinese gentleman sat with the directors last night kitted out in Latics scarves and one with a hat.

Whether or not they are potential investors or not, who knows!? I suppose another issue for debate is if they are looking at putting money in will it be lock stock and barrel? Will they be involved alongside Mr. Corney (my preferred option)? And how much money do they have to lose on a football club?!

It looks like SC was following the advice in the Chinese proverb: Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.

After years of fans joking that Latics are getting two China men, Wi Wun Wan and How Lon Sin, it might just prove to be more sweet than sour.

As someone else said, there were definitely 2 Chinese guests in the Boardoom yesterday. And one of the guys who works in matchday hospitality in the North stand told me that was the reason the game was free - to show them a good atmosphere and why Scholes had put on a training session in the afternoon (apparently they are United fans).

I saw something on twitter suggesting that one of them was Martin Lee, who owns Newcastle Jets in Australia, but have no idea if that is true or not.

It looks like SC was following the advice in the Chinese proverb: Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.

After years of fans joking that Latics are getting two China men, Wi Wun Wan and How Lon Sin, it might just prove to be more sweet than sour.

Wi Won Pen did well last night too.

If there is any kind of outside chance that they might be willing to put some money in and help us out of the state we have ended up in, can we please cut out the causal racism (at least until they have signed up)?

I love a take-away or name that sounds Chinese joke as much as the next man but they might end up looking on here during their period of due diligence (some people actually do it rather than just talking about it).

Sorry if I am just being miserable and need to lighten up!

Edited by Latics and England

The bit at the bottom is quite interesting They tend to leave the management team in place.

This would suggest that Corney would stay on and be in with them.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here but the fact that they were prepaired to come half way around the world to see it for themselves must be encouraging.

If there is any kind of outside chance that they might be willing to put some money in and help us out of the state we have ended up in, can we please cut out the causal racism (at least until they have signed up)?

I love a take-away or name that sounds Chinese as much as the next man but they might end up looking on here during their period of due diligence (some people actually do it rather than just talking about it).

Sorry if I am just being miserable and need to lighten up!

Miserable bastard !! But no in all seriousness I think you may be right !