Chinese investors...

If there is any kind of outside chance that they might be willing to put some money in and help us out of the state we have ended up in, can we please cut out the causal racism (at least until they have signed up)?

I love a take-away or name that sounds Chinese as much as the next man but they might end up looking on here during their period of due diligence (some people actually do it rather than just talking about it).

Sorry if I am just being miserable and need to lighten up!

Apology accepted. :)1f1e8-1f1f3.png

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this guy is one of the rumored potential investors I have just been having a look at the Newcastle jets attendance figures and assume they would be very comparable with our average if we managed to get to Championship status. An average of 9041 for the 16/17 season...high of nearly 12000 and lowest of 5642. The niggling fact is it probably isn't even him.

Chinese saying: "We have lots of money - we give it to Latics, happy days..."

another Chinese saying is

Be careful what you wish for....

Morecambe fans were getting very giddy over a South American take over last year and that has gone belly up

"Before Martin Lee started the investment in domestic football, the Chinese Football Association has not yet announced the decision to ban the club relocation"...... the translation isn't great, however I'm not sure I like the Franchise sounding bit of that incomplete sentence.

Like many, even though it saddens me that Society - and as a symptomatic microcosm English football - has lost any semblance of meritocracy, as the rich are unfathomably so and the poorer comparatively destitute, I would welcome investment into our beloved football club. So long as it's soul and heritage is not compromised for such things as location, naming rights or colours [MK Mongs, Hull Tigers and Cardiff City playing in Red].

Edited by lookersstandandy

"Before Martin Lee started the investment in domestic football, the Chinese Football Association has not yet announced the decision to ban the club relocation"...... the translation isn't great, however I'm not sure I like the Franchise sounding bit of that incomplete sentence.

Like many, even though it saddens me that Society - and as a symptomatic microcosm English football - has lost any semblance of meritocracy, as the rich are unfathomably so and the poorer comparatively destitute, I would welcome investment into our beloved football club. So long as it's soul and heritage is not compromised for such things as location, naming rights or colours [MK Mongs, Hull Tigers and Cardiff City playing in Red].

They seemed proud to wear the blue and white last night. We might even get the distinctive 1950s/60s kit back.

Given kusungaisgod went to the meeting (I think), I'm hopefully he's being truthful. If so, quotas of Chinese players would be a no-no. However, at this stage I'm not sure I'm confident Corney wouldn't sell to a questionable owner if the price was right.

Makes sense with him having provided LED screens to European clubs and Corney going to China to source one.

Given kusungaisgod went to the meeting (I think), I'm hopefully he's being truthful. If so, quotas of Chinese players would be a no-no. However, at this stage I'm not sure I'm confident Corney wouldn't sell to a questionable owner if the price was right.

Makes sense with him having provided LED screens to European clubs and Corney going to China to source one.

There will be a bit of clarification re: scoreboard thing

but Corney is interested in getting in LED boards round the ground.

There will be a bit of clarification re: scoreboard thing

but Corney is interested in getting in LED boards round the ground.

Putting aside ownership as I think that is getting ahead of things, getting LED screens around the ground at a decent price could be a real money spinner if marketed right.

I tweeted last night it might be abut the scoreboard!

Would we go to the trouble of opening the turnstyles for free and getting Scholes to train the young lads for the sake of cutting a deal on a scoreboard?

I hope it's all about something bigger than a scoreboard.

Granted, but LED's all around the ground will be much more money.

Not a mention of the Chinese guests in the Chron, maybe it is something big that the club have requested is kept quiet. Surely there would normally have been some kind of mention of their presence?

I don't think it is beig kept hush hush, because it was on the front of OEC, SC told NNN prior to the meeting, and they went to Nandos.

Which is why I'm doubtful it's about new ownership. Never say never though!

Why go to nandos when u have a master chef working for u. I find that bit hard to beleive. Not top of my list to take multi millionaires

I can't believe I'm even typing this - but it's totally possible that the Chinese millionaires asked for Corney to take them to Nando's cos they like it.

The lack of any mention of them in the Chron is very interesting - and in my opinion would only happen at the request of the club.