Chinese investors...

I can't believe I'm even typing this - but it's totally possible that the Chinese millionaires asked for Corney to take them to Nando's cos they like it.

The lack of any mention of them in the Chron is very interesting - and in my opinion would only happen at the request of the club.

Chron have an constant downer on the club, love being the bearer of bad news.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest what are the Chron supposed to report? It's not like they make up all the :censored: that happens and I think as an owner SC gets off very lightly were the local rag is concerned.

Keegan seems to have a bit of needle with the club but I think Matt Chambers and Simon Smedley are more than fair.

Just out of interest what are the Chron supposed to report? It's not like they make up all the :censored: that happens and I think as an owner SC gets off very lightly were the local rag is concerned.

Keegan seems to have a bit of needle with the club but I think Matt Chambers and Simon Smedley are more than fair.

Usually I'd expect them to at least refer to "important guests from China" or something like that a few pars into a story. They wouldn't have to lead the story on it, but a mention of it would be expected as it is a talking point.

Why go to nandos when u have a master chef working for u. I find that bit hard to beleive. Not top of my list to take multi millionaires

I can't believe I'm even typing this - but it's totally possible that the Chinese millionaires asked for Corney to take them to Nando's cos they like it.

The lack of any mention of them in the Chron is very interesting - and in my opinion would only happen at the request of the club.

It was clear they were going dining in the OEC in the evening, pretty sure they would ahve known this in advance.

Why go to nandos when u have a master chef working for u. I find that bit hard to beleive. Not top of my list to take multi millionaires

It was clear they were going dining in the OEC in the evening, pretty sure they would ahve known this in advance.

Maybe The Trust can clarify all this.......

Usually I'd expect them to at least refer to "important guests from China" or something like that a few pars into a story. They wouldn't have to lead the story on it, but a mention of it would be expected as it is a talking point.

But unless an "official source" mentions the guests how would they justify repeating what is basically just a rumour? I know some publications wouldn't bat an eyelid but repeating a rumour is hardly journalism, and I doubt the Chron has the resources to back it up with a thorough investigation.

But unless an "official source" mentions the guests how would they justify repeating what is basically just a rumour? I know some publications wouldn't bat an eyelid but repeating a rumour is hardly journalism, and I doubt the Chron has the resources to back it up with a thorough investigation.

Matt Chambers hasn't even tweeted about something that fans saw with their own eyes and NNN referred to on here, responding to BP1960 - I'm sure he must know at least as much as Mike Keegan... who has tweeted about it.

About whether two unknown Chinese guys like Nandos? I'll start asking but it could take a while to find them.

No, not just that. It's this lack of attention to detail that get's The Trust such a bad rep......

Whether they like Nando's.

Whether it was Corney's idea or their's to go to Nando's.

Whether they also ate in the OEC

Whether they knew ahead of time that they'd be eating in the OEC.

Dependant on the answer to the last point did they (or Corney, if Nando's wasn't their decision) decide to also eat in Nando's before or after they knew they'd also be eating in the OEC?

Edited by HarryBosch

What Corney said to us was that they were potential investors and we asked are they likely to invest or take over and Corney said - along the lines of- we don't know, you never know we'll just have to wait and see but they're interested.

Anthony Gee then said 'I've spoken to 100's of potential investors'

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

No, not just that. It's this lack of attention to detail that get's The Trust such a bad rep......

Whether they like Nando's.

Whether it was Corney's idea or their's to go to Nando's.

Whether they also ate in the OEC

Whether they knew ahead of time that they'd be eating in the OEC.

Dependant on the answer to the last point did they (or Corney, if Nando's wasn't their decision) decide to also eat in Nando's before or after they knew they'd also be eating in the OEC?

Or if the Nandos was cheeky or not.

You've got to imagine too big for us, realistically. He sponsors the whole Portugese Premier League! He could have a pick of football clubs. Maybe just maybe we get some luck we are due.

Edited by singe

What Corney said to us was that they were potential investors and we asked are they likely to invest or take over and Corney said - along the lines of- we don't know, you never know we'll just have to wait and see but they're interested.

Anthony Gee then said 'I've spoken to 100's of potential investors'

Cheers, I appreciate you have to be careful what you say. We certainly donlt want to jeopardise anything, but clearly they were well in the public domain.

Cheers, I appreciate you have to be careful what you say. We certainly donlt want to jeopardise anything, but clearly they were well in the public domain.

I entirely disagree. If Mr Corney is telling a group of people who he wouldn't know from Adam (apart from NNN) important confidential information that is insane. If doing so is a reason not to record what was meant to be a free and open public discussion then so much the worse.