Club statement

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it earlier. I thought the line from the club was, the budget as been cut as the attendance as fallen. However, the club is in a far better position than most clubs because we have no debt (other than to TTA) and is self funding due to this cautious approach.

So now it's only running due to Corney throwing in 1.3 Million of his money per season. How much did the black hole due to the ridiculous season ticket offer cost? is this within this figure?.

Antony Gee told us that the budget had increased this season due to income from the OEC (of circa 250k) and increased solidarity payments - up to just under 2 mil. This may have been revised due to poor attendances, don't know Looking at the old thread where Leeslover and Latics and England looked at the books all those years ago, the budget was 1.6 mil then.

The ST offer probably cost the club 200k (on a figure pulled out of the air of 2,500 STs, guessing at 1,800 full paying adults with a difference of £100 between the offer price and the eventual full price). Not a massive figure really. The offer would have tempted people to buy who may not have renewed otherwise too.

Edited by jorvik_latic

Why did you go Mcfluffy? I mean this was a meeting for those who wanted answers to get them yet Corneys staunchest fan who defends him even against the indefensible ends up at the table and no doubt influenced the format of the meeting.

I find it a little puzzling that the parameters of the meeting changed so much from what was proposed initially but I'm not really suprised when some of those attending have there own motives as for me I'm not prepared to sit there and be spoon fed bull:censored: off the guy in a PR exercise where he holds all the cards if that makes me a bellend fair enough.

Check your facts then come back to me with something relevant

Antony Gee told us that the budget had increased this season due to income from the OEC (of circa 250k) and increased solidarity payments - up to just under 2 mil. This may have been revised due to poor attendances, don't know Looking at the old thread where Leeslover and Latics and England looked at the books all those years ago, the budget was 1.6 mil then.

The ST offer probably cost the club 200k (on a figure pulled out of the air of 2,500 STs, guessing at 1,800 full paying adults with a difference of £100 between the offer price and the eventual full price). Not a massive figure really. The offer would have tempted people to buy who may not have renewed otherwise too.

Plucking a figure out of the same thin air I don't see any more than 1500 buying. I can though attach rational facts to support the figure. We were down and out at the time and buyers would in most cases be comfortable supporting the club in L2. You needed to be in from the start to have realistic prospects achieving cash back. Virtually all that were interested would have been in from the start. Winning the first game would have closed the door on any meaningful surge of interest. Missing out on a guaranteed discount would have stuck in the craw most fence sitters IMO. I don't recall any club announcement on the success of the initiative and in my view cost the club dear in more ways than one.

For what it's worth I'd hazard a guess ownership of OEC was transferred to Blitz and Gazal as security seeing as they probably paid for it, it may well of been Corneys intention to keep hold of the keys but to get it finished and the funds made available to him he's had to give it up.

Just a thought, if Corney oversaw going into admin his assets would be meticulously studied as Owner of Oafc 2004 Ltd. If he had shares in the OEC would that not threaten that too as an asset of man who couldn't pay the bills?

Simply thinking out loud, seeing as we are losing £1.3m per year...

Edited by oafcprozac

Just a thought, if Corney oversaw going into admin his assets would be meticulously studied as Owner of Oafc 2004 Ltd. If he had shares in the OEC would that not threaten that too as an asset of man who couldn't pay the bills?

Simply thinking out loud, seeing as we are losing £1.3m per year...-THAT WAS NOT SAID!

A Directors personal assets are of no interest to a liquidator unless he owes money to the the Company which I suspect he wouldnt.

• 3 weeks later...

So were you provided with evidence of what a specific player is earning? Can't say I'd be best pleased, if I was the player in question.

Sorry just reading back on this. No we weren't shown the player names we were read out a list of wage numbers and when asked for proof of those numbers he folded the players section so we only saw the numbers. I think he only revealed one players wage and that was Holloway because we were talking about his transfer

• 2 months later...
On 26/01/2017 at 9:21 PM, Simoncorneyisgod said:

and Mr Keegan's response

Stand by every word. Watch this space for a Brass Bank special. ;Mike Keegan (@MikeKeegan_DM)

Did the 'Brass Bank Special' ever see the light of day??