Taylor Signs

Proper wish Taylor would just hurry up and send you a nice email so you can 180 and repeatedly bore us with something a bit more positive.

Check my positive post on Banks. I see the bigger picture and if IMO players do well or not I say so.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check my positive post on Banks. I see the bigger picture and if IMO players do well or not I say so.

After seeing your post on Banks it makes me wonder why you were so quick to call out Taylor. You questioned how many games should Taylor have to get match fit because in your opinion he's been :censored:e.

Yet you're saying that Banks is now performing. How long has it taken him to have about 1 and half good games? A lot longer than you were willing to give Taylor

Can't fault the lad for enthusiasm and he clearly loves the club, but I always thought he was over-rated. He must surely have learned something from his elevated experience, but expectations need to be realistic.
I am sure he will be an asset, but not a savior.

Yeah, overrated. All those midfielders we've had since that could notch into double figures were well better.

After seeing your post on Banks it makes me wonder why you were so quick to call out Taylor. You questioned how many games should Taylor have to get match fit because in your opinion he's been :censored:e.

Yet you're saying that Banks is now performing. How long has it taken him to have about 1 and half good games? A lot longer than you were willing to give Taylor

The manager and I appear to be on the same wavelength though.

The manager and I appear to be on the same wavelength though.

Because he didn't start one game after playing however many in the space of a few weeks? He'd not played much all season.

If he starts Saturday does that mean that Sheridan thinks you talk :censored:e? No

So it doesn't mean he agrees because he didn't start one game

Because he didn't start one game after playing however many in the space of a few weeks? He'd not played much all season.

If he starts Saturday does that mean that Sheridan thinks you talk :censored:e? No

So it doesn't mean he agrees because he didn't start one game

O' Neill and Hunt haven't played much this season, but have played in all the games since arriving here, why haven't they been'rested'?

Edited by BP1960

I think Taylor still has a lot to offer, keeps the ball, and when given a yard delivers a great delivery 9/10.

Problem I think he has had is, as alluded to, Banks is reluctant to spread it left, and with Hunt being a defensive minded full back hes not overlapping leaving Taylor 2vs1 on most situations. I thought Flynn on Tuesday looked much better, mainly because Banks spread it left more than he has usually, and Obadeyi was constantly drifitng wide to help Flynn and provide a distraction.

Taylors not 100% fit, but hes not the player he used to be doing the yards so doesnt need to run as much. He just needs people to take men away and help him get that yard, and his delivery will do the rest.

For an ex scout BP your analysis of Taylor is poor to say the least! All players don't perform and train in the same way. One persons energy levels can be greater than others. Clearly he's had a long run of games and is done in from it! Hardly surprising! If he had a full preseason behind him and had been playing every week at Bolton you could question it but he hasn't.

It was clear to everyone he was tired as anything last Saturday, even the foul for the pen was out of tiredness. We have had an awful season, truly awful, and people are picking on Taylor? I can name several players who making less of an impact than him, and he's hardly being found when he makes the runs. I get that we all enjoy sharing our views on players etc. but can we try and give him a break? He has hardly played for two years, let's assume it could take him time to get back to match fit.

Whose picking on him or have I missed something, it's about opinions and if Taylor wasn't Taylor he'd be getting a lot more :censored: for his indifferent performances, I'm happy we've got him and he's a slight improvement on Flynn but to be fair in this team they offer much the same, I expected more from him and have been a bit underwhelmed as for whatever reason it's not really clicked for him yet but hopefully he can turn things round in the last dozen games.

For an ex scout BP your analysis of Taylor is poor to say the least! All players don't perform and train in the same way. One persons energy levels can be greater than others. Clearly he's had a long run of games and is done in from it! Hardly surprising! If he had a full preseason behind him and had been playing every week at Bolton you could question it but he hasn't.

You were telling me he needs games for match fitness, now he's tired so has to be rested.

I notice you don't criticise the manager for leaving him out after only a few games.

Like myself, it didn't take him long to reach that assessment did it?

As I have said before if he comes back, plays well and shows more energy I'll be the first to praise him.

Edited by BP1960

I notice you don't criticise the manager for leaving him out after only a few games.

Like myself, it didn't take him long to reach that assessment did it?

As I have said before if he comes back, plays weel and shows more energy I'll be the first to praise him.

BP serious question. Would you have signed him ? And if you had to make a decision now , and it was doable would you sign him up for next season ?

BP serious question. Would you have signed him ? And if you had to make a decision now , and it was doable would you sign him up for next season ?

On paper he was a good signing and does keep the ball well, but his lack of pace and energy have disappointed me.

If he can up his game then yes I'd sign him, if he can't no.

Maybe a switch to central midfield might bring him into the game more as he's been isolated on the wing.

But presently O'Neill,Green and Banks are doing ok there so that doesn't look to be on the cards.

However, things can change quickly in football so you never know.

Edited by BP1960

On paper he was a good signing and does keep the ball well, but his lack of pace and energy have disappointed me.

If he can up his game then yes I'd sign him, if he can't no.

Maybe a switch to central midfield might bring him into the game more as he's been isolated on the wing.

But presently O'Neill,Green and Banks are doing ok there so that doesn't look to be on the cards.

However, things can change quickly in football so you never know.

If he's been isolated on the wing then is that not other players fault? Not getting him the ball and not supporting him?

Seen the phrase 'he's not the same player he was when he was here'. He wasn't the same player he was when he left us. Not the marauding winger he was in his youtg and Big Joe, in particular, recognised that (he was playing more centrally a lot). He'd lost a yard when left!

He'll be a great signing. Adjustment period and game time and he'll prove himself to be cleverer than anyone we've got. As for the 'overrated' statement, I'd like to get the thread up from here when he left as there were many saying it at the time (partly because his game wasn't the same). He used to get around 10 goals a season and as many assists, he was top for us and in a different way, reckon he will be again.