From the messageboard that brought you Wellens v Whittaker,,,,

Clarke or Gregan?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the greater Latics player?

• Clarke
    • Gregan

Who is, or will be, the greater Oldham centre half & captain - Sean Gregan or Peter Clarke?

Both had very similar careers, Gregan's a little bit better maybe with his stint in the top flight, and both came here in the twilight of their career. Both shining lights in largely :censored: & unsuccessful sides.

While Gregan was a joy to watch he only scored the one goal for us.

Clarke isn't as classy a footballer but he scores goals, and important goals at that. I'd also argue he's the better leader of the two.

Gregan never produced joy like Clarke did yesterday...

Gregan single handedly kept us up under Penney...

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is, or will be, the greater Oldham centre half & captain - Sean Gregan or Peter Clarke?

Both had very similar careers, Gregan's a little bit better maybe with his stint in the top flight, and both came here in the twilight of their career. Both shining lights in largely :censored: & unsuccessful sides.

While Gregan was a joy to watch he only scored the one goal for us.

Clarke isn't as classy a footballer but he scores goals, and important goals at that. I'd also argue he's the better leader of the two.

Gregan never produced joy like Clarke did yesterday...

Gregan single handedly kept us up under Penney...

Gregan was infamous single handedly.

Its not even close. Clarke is a good league 1 centre half, and in his prime played in the championship for lower placed teams.

Gregan was a good league 1 centre half who in his prime ran the midfield for West Brom in the prem.

As was said earlier, Gregan is one of the best players we've had at this level, slightly behind Shezz, Eyres and Duxbury.

The swagger on Gregan. When he'd rough up a striker after a few minutes and that was it, over. The striker wanted no part of the game. He was great.

Always thought his bad games (there were some) came against sides whose strikers he probably dismissed as not being up to much. The better opposition, from memory he always did well against.

May have only been 1 goal bt that goal at Kettering was an abseloute stonker.....Gregan for me, not much between them defensive quality wise but Gregan was a far superior footballer from his days running the middle of the park at Preston

Hang on, he got a vital* goal in this one too!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8539806.stm

My word that was a depressing game and performance. Ground out a point and Dean Brill actually did something right with that last minute pen save. Gregan was the only real positive from that team...even Taylor and Kieran Lee looked bad in that team.

*vital for me at least, I needed the family bragging rights!

May have only been 1 goal bt that goal at Kettering was an abseloute stonker.....Gregan for me, not much between them defensive quality wise but Gregan was a far superior footballer from his days running the middle of the park at Preston

His late equaliser at Exeter in March 2010 was massive, Even if in his post match interview DP 'couldn't give a monkeys...'