Libertines

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15,000 is a typical pitch capacity.

Not sure the neighbour's would fancy it.

Sad Cafe vocalist is dead btw.

My bad - getting my singers mixed up I thought Paul Carrack - One of the most underrated singers in British music, you may remember him from being the lead singer in Mike and the Mechanics - was the old sad cafe singer.

Never a fan of Sad cafe but I remember they were a Manchester band!

As for playing inside Boundary Park I was thinking more along the lines of just having one or 2 stands open looking at say about 4 to 5,000 people max

Mike and the Mechanics had two lead vocalists. Paul Young (not the Wherever I Lay My Hat one) and Carrack who sang The Living ?Years and also cropped up with Ace and Roxy Music too.

Young was the Sad Cafe chap. Or was it Ian Marshall?

https://youtu.be/8LNOhZI72AY

Edited by opinions4u

It was confirmed by nnn and fellow supporters at the recent meeting that OAFC 2004 Ltd only get match day revenues (notes 24/01/2017)

Brass Bank Ltd and Oldham Event Centre Ltd get 'non match day' revenues

I would hope that OAFC 2004 Ltd would resist any attempt to use Boundary Park for any such events to ensure the playing surface is not put at risk of deteriorating further.

Wasn't Elton John mentioned at one time?

A venue very near me did an Elton John concert a few years ago, and we went to see him (it was close enough that we walked). Not the greatest concert, he was a bit miserable.

He flies in by helicopter.

The business went into receivership, lost a fortune.

They've tried a few times, including using Vince Power (Mean Fiddler) and he went under and was banned from hosting festivals afterwards

I suspect that the risk is why the club decided not to proceed.

Edited by singe