Libertines

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was talking about summer in oldham :laught30: we would be competeing with the etihad /oldtraffordcricket and the reebok for artisites just cant see it paying . never been to the arena so cant comment .

wonder if something similar to glastonbudget might work ?

We wouldn't be competing with anybody.

People will be coming to watch the band(s), not to experience the facilities.

you could argue that the transport links are better than the arena in Manchester, bp is virtually on the motorway, metro link goes straight into town, plenty of buses from surrounding towns,.

You could argue it, but you'd be talking complete tosh.

BP is one of the worst served grounds in the country if you want to get there by public transport.

And the metro goes straight to the arena from every direction.

Boundary Park's a better train/tram station than Manchester Victoria, lol. Classic

I don't think it's any worse than Prenton Park though. And for big events you can easily run shuttle buses from local tram or train stations. It depends who's playing. Wellend indie bands would attract an audience full of Gary Lagers who depend on public transport where as your teenybob or old timer band the majority of the audience would get there by car.

Yep.

More people would drive to a big gig than get public transport - especially if it was an all dayer/weekender in summer.

Even at Prenton Park I reckon a large number of the Libertines/Coral crowd will drive there and then practically everyone for Little Mix the day after.

It would be in summer and the tickets would, hopefully, have sold out beforehand. Therefore, little loss (a bit less beer sold) if it's raining or cold.

The Arena's arguably the worst place in Manchester to watch a gig by the way.

Sooner go to The Bridgwater Hall where the acoustics are excellent.

I work in the music business and there are so many variables to promoting/hosting gigs. The best way with little risk is that we get a promoter onside that we hire the stadium to. The risk is then all there's and we just take a flat fee. That still brings issues like licensing etc. For a promoter though BP isn't the most attractive of options compared to other facilities in the greater Manchester area.

Edited by super_blue

I work in the music business and there are so many variables to promoting/hosting gigs. The best way with little risk is that we get a promoter onside that we hire the stadium to. The risk is then all there's and we just take a flat fee. That still brings issues like licensing etc. For a promoter though BP isn't the most attractive of options compared to other facilities in the greater Manchester area.

Why would Tranmere be attractive to such a promoter?

Why would Tranmere be attractive to such a promoter?

catchment ! the whole of the fairly afluant wirrall plus those who can be bothered to travel across the mersey very good bus road and rail links .the libertines would apeal to many of those in the socialy mobile 25-35 demographic who have moved to the area from across the water and have the money for tickets plus prenton park wont be as expensive as say goodison or anfield and wont take as many ticket sales to fill hence less of a risk for the promoter

seem to remember lots of rock gigs at port vale in the eighties for the same reason

catchment ! the whole of the fairly afluant wirrall plus those who can be bothered to travel across the mersey very good bus road and rail links .the libertines would apeal to many of those in the socialy mobile 25-35 demographic who have moved to the area from across the water and have the money for tickets plus prenton park wont be as expensive as say goodison or anfield and wont take as many ticket sales to fill hence less of a risk for the promoter

seem to remember lots of rock gigs at port vale in the eighties for the same reason

I'd imagine people from the area would make up only a small part of the crowd for this....

People will travel from far & wide to see the Libertines and, to a lesser extent, the Coral.......

The only reason the Libertines are playing Prenton Park is because the Coral (lads from Birkenhead) have arranged it all.

They do a lot of gigs around The Wirral. Even put a gig on in a Big Top where the cost of putting it on was more than they could earn from the ticket sales.

The only reason the Libertines are playing Prenton Park is because the Coral (lads from Birkenhead) have arranged it all.

They do a lot of gigs around The Wirral. Even put a gig on in a Big Top where the cost of putting it on was more than they could earn from the ticket sales.

It's a whole weekend thing. Little Mix are on the day after - are they from the Wirral too?

I went to that, that was the Coral and the Libertines as well. What a cracking day out it was.

Hoylake, not Birkenhead. They'd be fewmin if you accused them of being from Birkenhead, it'd be like saying someone from Uppermill was from Limeside.

Not this again...

Every time the words 'OAFC 2004 Ltd' are typed, a baby owl dies

I'd imagine people from the area would make up only a small part of the crowd for this....

People will travel from far & wide to see the Libertines and, to a lesser extent, the Coral.......

Considering they're not playing any standalone gigs that I can see, it'll attract people from all over the North West. I'm going anyway, and I'm certainly no Birkenheader...

Is that the Simple Minds acoustic tour? Seeing that at the distinctly ungiglike venue of the Theatre Royal Drury Lane

They were plugged in and rocky albeit dosappointing given that they were trying far too hard to eclipse 90 minutes of pure brilliance and absolute fun from the B-52s. Cindy Wilson was a bit flat at times but Katie Pierson was outstanding and didnt sound any different to the first time i saw them 35 years ago. Fred was his indomotable self.

Two other bands were on; the Models and the Machinations. But they were spoiled by the 40deg plus heat earlier in the day.

In short, the B-52s destroyed all that came before them...and after them.

Hoylake, not Birkenhead. They'd be fewmin if you accused them of being from Birkenhead, it'd be like saying someone from Uppermill was from Limeside.

I thought the Skelly's were from Birkenhead? I know Ryder-Jones was from West Kirby but they always say they're from Birkenhead in interviews.

I thought the Skelly's were from Birkenhead? I know Ryder-Jones was from West Kirby but they always say they're from Birkenhead in interviews.

If it wasn't so morbid, I'd have suggested changing 'ocean' to Oldham in Daniel and sang it to Philliskirk when he was here...