• Green
    • Banks
    • O'Neill
    • Taylor
    • Erwin
    • McLaughlin
    • Ngoo
    • Fane

To be fair to Banks (PS I am nto a fan of him at all) he played a few balls first half that set up some decent breaks, and even though he cant tackle or doesnt even like tackling, he was (for the most part) right in the faces of Charlton when they got the ball putting pressure on. That said, his embarassing way fo trying to tackle a football, and his lack of free kick taking ability made his performance not the best on the pitch.

Ripley did what Ripley does, but I thought Brian Wilson was fantastic considering Mclaughlin was so poor in tracking back and helping him out, and the lad on the left never had a sniff after looking unplayable in the first 15 minutes. Unsung hero Brian Wilson gets my vote

You've seriously got to be having a laugh. McLaughlin came back endlessly in that 2nd half and made several important interceptions. Ripley got my MOTM but only narrowly over McLaughlin who I thought was excellent last night. Drove at them and harrased their defence in the 1st and played his part defensively in the 2nd. The goal came from a throw-in where McLaughlin chased down the keeper who panicked and hurriedly booted it out. Ball went through the middle to Taylor who set up Banks for the goal.

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be fair to Banks (PS I am nto a fan of him at all) he played a few balls first half that set up some decent breaks, and even though he cant tackle or doesnt even like tackling, he was (for the most part) right in the faces of Charlton when they got the ball putting pressure on. That said, his embarassing way fo trying to tackle a football, and his lack of free kick taking ability made his performance not the best on the pitch.

Ripley did what Ripley does, but I thought Brian Wilson was fantastic considering Mclaughlin was so poor in tracking back and helping him out, and the lad on the left never had a sniff after looking unplayable in the first 15 minutes. Unsung hero Brian Wilson gets my vote

I do reckon McLaughlin being so far up the pitch was an instruction from Sheridan, I think Sheridan knows Wilson is more than capable of defending the side himself and allows for us to be more on the counter and have more danger going forward, we don't necessarily always need 10 men behind the ball when defending especially with how solid our back 5 is.

Isn't it mad how uninvolved Wilson was until the latter stages of Robinsons reign.. hardly steps a foot wrong, consistent 7/10 with bags of experience.

He occasionally has a nightmare against a very tricky, quick winger... like Bradford for example.

Isn't it mad how uninvolved Wilson was until the latter stages of Robinsons reign.. hardly steps a foot wrong, consistent 7/10 with bags of experience.

He occasionally has a nightmare against a very tricky, quick winger... like Bradford for example.

Wilson is everything you want in a full back except he goes to :censored: when he's within 10 yards of the opposition goal line. Excellent pro and I'd be delighted to see him extend.

Wilson is everything you want in a full back except he goes to :censored: when he's within 10 yards of the opposition goal line. Excellent pro and I'd be delighted to see him extend.

For our level he is very decent and reliable.

Not sure you can say that following THAT goal - thundering shot that lad.

Got to be our GK for me....kept a clean sheet think one time there was bout three corners on the bounce.

My bloody ticker is not going to take much more of these hanging in for the last 10 mins matches, and where the chuff has all this added time come from? God knows how much extra we have played

Edited by underdog

Can I say just say I thought the ref had a decent game, from the off he clamped down on taking throw ins from the wrong place, and there were a couple of times in the 2nd half when he upset the home crowd by not giving fouls but for my money he got those decisions right. Preparing to be shot down now.

Can I say just say I thought the ref had a decent game, from the off he clamped down on taking throw ins from the wrong place, and there were a couple of times in the 2nd half when he upset the home crowd by not giving fouls but for my money he got those decisions right. Preparing to be shot down now.

He was the most consistent ref I've seen here for a while. Two bad fouls both deserving of a yellow card but because he didn't the first one a yellow he clearly didn't give the second a yellow either.

I'd rather a consistent ref than a "good" one who is biased.

I thought he got a couple of controversial decisions bang on, but I was definitely in the minority.

Just another piece of evidence in the case of how clueless Robinson was. First thing Shez did last season was remove Calamity James from the CB position and put him at RB where he could cause less damage. In stepped Brian Wilson...and did a cracking job. So underrated at the club and nice to see him getting the recognition he deserves.

Btw, Leeslover, did you miss his pearler against Bradford??? :lol1:

Just another piece of evidence in the case of how clueless Robinson was. First thing Shez did last season was remove Calamity James from the CB position and put him at RB where he could cause less damage. In stepped Brian Wilson...and did a cracking job. So underrated at the club and nice to see him getting the recognition he deserves.

Btw, Leeslover, did you miss his pearler against Bradford??? :lol1:

It's not his shooting, he gets forward into good positions but nearly always fluffs the final ball even if it's just a cut back. Don't mean to pick at him anyway, we could do with more like him