Been Walsall more times than I can remember but never travelled there by train.

Getting quoted £30+ for what seems to be silly swapping trains and train times. Has anyone booked to go yet from Manchester and is it into Walsall station or is their a different one for the ground? Anyone know of any cheaper train tickets knocking about? Thanks in advance

Getting quoted £30+ for what seems to be silly swapping trains and train times. Has anyone booked to go yet from Manchester and is it into Walsall station or is their a different one for the ground? Anyone know of any cheaper train tickets knocking about? Thanks in advance

Last year worked out cheaper to book a return Manchester to Stafford then a ticket Stafford to Bescot.

We've got Manchester > Bescot Stadium open returns for £24.50, with railcards though - I couldn't seem to get it cheaper with separate journies or anything.

Question for the regulars... Our leg their is supposedly via Wolverhampton, but I assume our tickets will just say Manchester > Bescot as it's an open return, any route permitted? Am I right?

Edited by Latics_Fanatic