Train to Wimbledon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out. I've got a 40th birthday party to go to in :censored:ing Galway. Absolutely cannot get out of it...although I've thought of throwing a sickie. I might cut off a toe or something. You don't need little toes do you?

You can do everything you need to without your little toe.

Best thing for getting out of a plane flight is a bit of sinusitis. The pressure differences mean it can be advisable not to fly. But it's the sort of thing you can go to work with, or a nearby football game.

I'm out. I've got a 40th birthday party to go to in :censored:ing Galway. Absolutely cannot get out of it...although I've thought of throwing a sickie. I might cut off a toe or something. You don't need little toes do you?

You need a dose of Man the :censored: Up. Either that or we have a party at yours while you're away and we trash the gaff. :grin:

You're right. It's a problem. I had specifically sent everyone my highlighted fixture list and then this. It's almost as if people don't take me seriously.

Or you have no balls. Seriously?! Every London away game?!

The real tragedy is it's not even the actual 40th birthday. That happened two weeks ago. It's just the party.

Sort yourself out and get on the train to South West London. I've pushed my daughters 5th birthday party forward a week to accommodate Wimbledon away so I'm sure you can wangle something, besides she'll speak to you again before long.

Or he will (sorry I've assumed you're a bloke).

Come to think of it...this reminds me of the Greatest Sickie Ever Thrown. I had a colleague who spent one of our long, lazy three-month summers in Hawaii working on an outdoorsie environmental project. She left at the start of the holidays in mid-July...and phoned in on the first day back in mid-October saying she couldn't fly back for another month because of an ear infection. Beat that.

Come to think of it...this reminds me of the Greatest Sickie Ever Thrown. I had a colleague who spent one of our long, lazy three-month summers in Hawaii working on an outdoorsie environmental project. She left at the start of the holidays in mid-July...and phoned in on the first day back in mid-October saying she couldn't fly back for another month because of an ear infection. Beat that.

First Millwall now Wimbledon Married life has changed you for the worse Will. :)

Not sure if they will be available for this, but Virgin are having a 6 day sale from March 25th, £10 singles available to London. Article i've read suggests tickets are for march-august, so hopefully so cheap tickets will be available.

How are people doing this by train to get there in time for 12 o'clock kick off? Any ideas without going out of our way too much

The earliest train to Euston doesn't arrive until 11am, so you will be struggling getting there for kick off.

There is a Leeds to Kings Cross train that gets there at 10.30am.

:censored:in nightmare ?

Edited by bowl

The earliest train to Euston doesn't arrive until 11am, so you will be struggling getting there for kick off.

There is a Leeds to Kings Cross train that gets there at 10.30am, but there isn't a train that gets to Leeds in time.

:censored:in nightmare

It's gonna be a ballache for Leeslover and Rosa to get there...and they're staying at my gaff in Peckham. :censored:ing trains are a scandal.

There is a Leeds to Kings Cross train that gets there at 10.30am, but there isn't a train that gets to Leeds in time.

:censored:in nightmare

Manchester to Leeds (0647 - 0740)

Leeds to Kings Cross (0805 - 1033)

Kings Cross to Norbiton (1049 - 1143)

Norbiton is a 15 min walk to the ground I believe.

That's literally the only journey I can see that can get you to within walking distance of Wimbledon's ground at a suitable time.

The trains are ridiculous, or, should I say, the EFL are ridiculous.

Manchester to Leeds (0647 - 0740)

Leeds to Kings Cross (0805 - 1033)

Kings Cross to Norbiton (1049 - 1143)

Norbiton is a 15 min walk to the ground I believe.

That's literally the only journey I can see that can get you to within walking distance of Wimbledon's ground at a suitable time.

The trains are ridiculous, or, should I say, the EFL are ridiculous.

And there is a change within the journey from KX to Norbiton - tube to train at Vauxhall

Has anyone been on to the club about organising extra coaches? Could be the only way no?

Would be a good idea to get a few to go, perhaps offer reduced pricing to get a few to travel.

Aslong as the :censored:ing Driver doesn't do what he did for Millwall Away, on a coach with no air con working in Boiling hot 25+ london heat, drive THROUGH the centre rather than jumping on the M25 - adding an additional 2 hours onto the journey