Gerrard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tempted to re-visit my twitter discussion with him...but it's pointless. He and some of our fans think his reaction (whatever it was, he refused to answer twice what he actually did) was fully justified for a powerpuff, eyebrow to eyebrow.

His "thanks to the boys" for pulling him out of the :censored: and "it's 1 game so I'll be back Saturday" made some happy on the day but after his absence probably costing us at MK and now 2 more games, his lack of professionalism could cost us even more now. It's no wonder other clubs stayed clear despite his talent.

We need him on the pitch...putting in performances like on Tuesday. I hope he's learned his lesson....not holding my breath tho.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I was tempted to re-visit my twitter discussion with him...but it's pointless. He and some of our fans think his reaction (whatever it was, he refused to answer twice what he actually did) was fully justified for a powerpuff, eyebrow to eyebrow.

His "thanks to the boys" for pulling him out of the :censored: and "it's 1 game so I'll be back Saturday" made some happy on the day but after his absence probably costing us at MK and now 2 more games, his lack of professionalism could cost us even more now. It's no wonder other clubs stayed clear despite his talent.

We need him on the pitch...putting in performances like on Tuesday. I hope he's learned his lesson....not holding my breath tho.

How did he cost us at MK?

Getting a three match ban for something petulant isn't to be commended. I'm not saying hang him out to dry but he's a senior player and his sending off could have cost us on the day, but fortunately didn't as it turned out, may well have been the difference at MK and could cost us during the other games he'll miss as a consequence.

Not going to try and justify it in any way shape or form, but I guess this is the baggage that comes with Gerrard. And as you say this, along with clearly his fitness issues, is probably why he's not had a sustained career at a higher level. Edited by ghostofcecere

we need 4 points out of those 2 games. it's going to be much harder without him. Wilson will be fine at CB but moving people around will weaken the team. Who plays RB? McLoughlin, Hunt?

Where's Edmondson disappeared to?

Edmundson - minor injury back in training today.

How did he cost us at MK Dons!? Did we play with 10?

what was Chesterfield his 2nd or 3rd game? now him missing is costing us games.

The air must be thin up there on from your 'superior' view Boundaryblue80? One sending off in how many games for Oldham over 3 spells and now you can see why clubs didn't sign him?

Adds weight to the thank :censored: we did not sell Clarke to Scunny argument

Given the fact he has twice been on no wages over the past two seasons I'm sure the lack of match payments is going to hurt him enough without supporters sticking the boot in.

Rather have a player with passion like Gerrard than a 'do just enough' seasoned professional in our team

Did i tell you I managed to get a convo out of Gerrard on Twatter? - big yawn.

Some right bores on here who know :censored: all about what happened yet see themselves as the self proclaimed judge and jury.

Not actually how it was. I made a comment about reacting being unprofessional and he came giving it out at my comment on twitter. Some right bellends on here who know :censored: all about what happened indeed.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not actually how it was. I made a comment about reacting being unprofessional and he came giving it out at my comment on twitter. Some right bellends on here who know :censored: all about what happened indeed.

You said he was out of order. He said he reacted because he was headbutted. You can say he shouldn't have reacted, fine. People do react though, it's human nature.

Stop attention seeking.

He's got a ban. End of.

How did he cost us at MK Dons!? Did we play with 10?

what was Chesterfield his 2nd or 3rd game? now him missing is costing us games.

The air must be thin up there on from your 'superior' view Boundaryblue80? One sending off in how many games for Oldham over 3 spells and now you can see why clubs didn't sign him?

Others have answered why it "PROBABLY" cost us (see, deliberately missing out words to suit you) at MK. Most with a brain understand football and how moving a defence about needlessly can upset a side.

Enjoy your nano second of fame, your are after all a legend in your own lunchtime.

Its sport, it happens and I'd much rather we have players who put it about with pride than the shrinking violets who went before him, Clarke plays the game close to the line and his approach isn't too dissimilar to that of Gerrard's yet strangely you only really to have a problem with one of them. I'm pretty sure the manager and the players are over it and will move on, if it doesn't bother them I can't for the life of me see why you should be so traumatised by the whole episode.

lol I didn't change anything just cant quote anything on my works computer...

I posted before MKDons it wont cost unless you are looking for a scapegoat. Many couldn't wait to blame him before a ball had been kicked at MK

has it cost us all season? one of the best defences in the league. Did it cost us with George at the back against Peterborough? He did play in a defeat at Bradford.

your overall view on Gerrard and his employment opportunities over the last 3 years based on 1 sending off is PROBABLY bollocks!