Gerrard

he wasn't the one who came 'giving it out' you tweeted him 'giving it out'

I commented on the Sky sports video of the "headbutt" doing the rounds on twitter that he was linked in with. Said that "love him back. Today unacceptable". If that's giving it out in your World, you must get upset pretty easy. He then started insulting and trying to justify it. I asked him to enlighten us if he was further provoked. Also asked him to enlighten us what his reaction was that got himself sent off. Reasonable questions. Both ignored. Hardly giving it out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your nano second of fame, your are after all a legend in your own lunchtime.

Its sport, it happens and I'd much rather we have players who put it about with pride than the shrinking violets who went before him, Clarke plays the game close to the line and his approach isn't too dissimilar to that of Gerrard's yet strangely you only really to have a problem with one of them. I'm pretty sure the manager and the players are over it and will move on, if it doesn't bother them I can't for the life of me see why you should be so traumatised by the whole episode.

Not after fame, pal. After 11 men on the pitch in a relegation battle. And our best players on the pitch, where possible. If you enjoy them putting it about with pride in the tunnel and getting sent off in what was a massive game at the time, then bully for you!

lol I didn't change anything just cant quote anything on my works computer...

I posted before MKDons it wont cost unless you are looking for a scapegoat. Many couldn't wait to blame him before a ball had been kicked at MK

has it cost us all season? one of the best defences in the league. Did it cost us with George at the back against Peterborough? He did play in a defeat at Bradford.

your overall view on Gerrard and his employment opportunities over the last 3 years based on 1 sending off is PROBABLY bollocks!

My overall view on Gerrard and his employment opportunities PROBABLY isn't just based on 1 sending off.

It really really isn't based on 1 sending off. But you'd like it to be.

Has Chesterfield head butt man been charged yet?

No , as always with these incidents the ref only EVER sees the retaliation never the initial incident.

Sooner have Gerrard missing for 2 games rather than Clarke though but lets hope he learns from it.

Enjoy your nano second of fame, your are after all a legend in your own lunchtime.

Its sport, it happens and I'd much rather we have players who put it about with pride than the shrinking violets who went before him, Clarke plays the game close to the line and his approach isn't too dissimilar to that of Gerrard's yet strangely you only really to have a problem with one of them. I'm pretty sure the manager and the players are over it and will move on, if it doesn't bother them I can't for the life of me see why you should be so traumatised by the whole episode.

Not sure about that comparison with Clarke. Clarke was almost decapitated by Calvin Andrew but had the sense not to get himself sent off for retaliating.

If the supposed head butt on Gerrard was what you can see on the highlights as they're heading off the pitch, then it was't a headbutt at all. I have to say though, Gerrard's teammates could have done him a favour by dragging him into the changing room to calm down before he lost his :censored:.

Not sure about that comparison with Clarke. Clarke was almost decapitated by Calvin Andrew but had the sense not to get himself sent off for retaliating.

Clarke is a superb individual with decent standards. Gerrard is not in the same class, however much he tells himself and tweets about it.

I know which of the 2 I would rather have next season.

You seem to be taking liberties with your phraseology. 'nano second of fame' 'traumatised.'

'Isnt too dissimilar' ignores a whole load of differences and is a lazy use of the english language. What a stupid post.

I was tempted to re-visit my twitter discussion with him...but it's pointless. He and some of our fans think his reaction (whatever it was, he refused to answer twice what he actually did) was fully justified for a powerpuff, eyebrow to eyebrow.

His "thanks to the boys" for pulling him out of the :censored: and "it's 1 game so I'll be back Saturday" made some happy on the day but after his absence probably costing us at MK and now 2 more games, his lack of professionalism could cost us even more now. It's no wonder other clubs stayed clear despite his talent.

We need him on the pitch...putting in performances like on Tuesday. I hope he's learned his lesson....not holding my breath tho.

Biggest load of bull:censored: I've ever read, don't know why you're so eager to blame Gerrard, AGAIN. Just move on and get over it, ffs.

If we pick up no points from the next 2, So be it. The fact is, we've been miles stronger with him back and 1 silly mistake and you make out its end of the world.

'Twitter conversation', he basically took the piss out of you cause you came across as a wet wipe. No wonder you have a grudge against the bloke. Sad.

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

If he was injured for 2 games we would still have to find cover.

JS says anyone of his 19 man squad can do a good job anyway.

Wilson will go to centre back and one of the umpteen right backs will fill in.

His "thanks to the boys" for pulling him out of the :censored: and "it's 1 game so I'll be back Saturday" made some happy on the day but after his absence probably costing us at MK and now 2 more games, his lack of professionalism could cost us even more now. It's no wonder other clubs stayed clear despite his talent.

'It's no wonder others clubs stayed clear' an assumption made after 1 sending off.

I can only go of what you say pal...

Quoted - even included 'PROBABLY'. It didn't, switching off at a throw in in the 96th minute cost us!

Edited by palmer1

'It's no wonder others clubs stayed clear' an assumption made after 1 sending off.

If you want to ignore the sending off and its consequences so be it-that is a matter of opinion.

Can we agree though that we lost at MK, irrespective of when they scored?

Other clubs staying clear was quite obviously the case given the history at previous clubs.

If you want to ignore the sending off and its consequences so be it-that is a matter of opinion.

Can we agree though that we lost at MK, irrespective of when they scored?

Other clubs staying clear was quite obviously the case given the history at previous clubs.

We can agree we lost at MK Don's irrespective of when they scored. Can you blame a player who had only made 3 appearances this season and didn't play that night. It's my opinion you are making a player who wasnt even there a scapegoat if you do.

Clubs didn't sign him but we don't know the reason why. You can guess and make stuff up. However in this instance a sending off and it was a stupid sending off was used as a reason why clubs stayed away. How many red cards has he seen at Oldham or in his career for that matter?

What's his history at other clubs? Sounds like he fell out at Huddersfield but not heard anything elsewhere. He's been nothing but proffesional at Latics in 3 spells, you can't even question his performances. Some people wait for a mistake and condemn him without knowing full facts.

Who cares what he's done at previous clubs, he played a huge part in keeping us up last season and without him we may well not have had the pleasure of watching your Ripleys and Clarkes this season, why anyone would want to jump on him mystifies me but there you go, just for the haters out there have you looked out our record with and without the liability?

Last 2 seasons without Gerrard.

Played 54

Won 7 - yes that's a 7

Drew 24

Lost 23

Points 45.

With Gerrard

Played 24

Won 13

Draw 4

Lost 7

Points 43.

Enough said.

Who cares what he's done at previous clubs, he played a huge part in keeping us up last season and without him we may well not have had the pleasure of watching your Ripleys and Clarkes this season, why anyone would want to jump on him mystifies me but there you go, just for the haters out there have you looked out our record with and without the liability?

Last 2 seasons without Gerrard.

Played 54

Won 7 - yes that's a 7

Drew 24

Lost 23

Points 45.

With Gerrard

Played 24

Won 13

Draw 4

Lost 7

Points 43.

Enough said.

Last season we desperately needed him. No question. This season, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm dunno.

Is 'Enough said' the new FACT?

What's his history at other clubs? Sounds like he fell out at Huddersfield but not heard anything elsewhere. He's been nothing but proffesional at Latics in 3 spells, you can't even question his performances. Some people wait for a mistake and condemn him without knowing full facts.

You have a very different view of being professional to my view. There were problems at Cardiff too! BB80 raises a valid point about clubs staying away

You have a very different view of being professional to my view. There were problems at Cardiff too! BB80 raises a valid point about clubs staying away

Besides 1 sending off what has he done at Latics that hasn't been professional?

What problems did he have elsewhere? What's did he do?

Clubs did stay away but his point isn't valid imo as he used a sending off and a twitter discussion where they disagreed It has no relevance as it's not something that happened at any of his clubs on a regular basis

Edited by palmer1