Gerrard

Biggest load of bull:censored: I've ever read, don't know why you're so eager to blame Gerrard, AGAIN. Just move on and get over it, ffs.

If we pick up no points from the next 2, So be it. The fact is, we've been miles stronger with him back and 1 silly mistake and you make out its end of the world.

'Twitter convwrsation', he basically took the piss out of you cause you came across as a wet wipe. No wonder you have a grudge against the bloke. Sad.

The only wet wipes are yourself and anyone who claims that Evatt head butted him. Of which Gerrard is one. You clearly are struggling to understand that the whole point is that he is needed in this relegation battle as yes, our defence is stronger with him. So his idiotic actions need to stop. Like has been said, let's hope he learns, eh!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can agree we lost at MK Don's irrespective of when they scored. Can you blame a player who had only made 3 appearances this season and didn't play that night. It's my opinion you are making a player who wasnt even there a scapegoat if you do.

Clubs didn't sign him but we don't know the reason why. You can guess and make stuff up. However in this instance a sending off and it was a stupid sending off was used as a reason why clubs stayed away. How many red cards has he seen at Oldham or in his career for that matter?

What's his history at other clubs? Sounds like he fell out at Huddersfield but not heard anything elsewhere. He's been nothing but proffesional at Latics in 3 spells, you can't even question his performances. Some people wait for a mistake and condemn him without knowing full facts.

So you completely missed the Millwall thing last year. And then him going on Twitter afterwards and trolling their fans. I'm glad we have him. But when he's out of order, like he undeniably is in this case, don't expect fans who want him out on the pitch to be happy with his antics that lead to him needlessly suspended. Edited by boundaryblue80

Who cares what he's done at previous clubs, he played a huge part in keeping us up last season and without him we may well not have had the pleasure of watching your Ripleys and Clarkes this season, why anyone would want to jump on him mystifies me but there you go, just for the haters out there have you looked out our record with and without the liability?

Last 2 seasons without Gerrard.

Played 54

Won 7 - yes that's a 7

Drew 24

Lost 23

Points 45.

With Gerrard

Played 24

Won 13

Draw 4

Lost 7

Points 43.

Enough said.

Dearly deary me...you really are missing the point. Infact, putting those stats up only enforces everything I'm saying about him being out on the pitch rather than suspended.

So you either completely missed the Millwall thing last year. And then going on Twitter afterwards and trolling their fans. I'm glad we have him. But when he's out of order, like he undeniably is in this case, don't expect fans who want him out on the pitch to be happy with his antics.

You don't have to be happy and yes I did forget about Millwall last year lol.

Who cares what he's done at previous clubs, he played a huge part in keeping us up last season and without him we may well not have had the pleasure of watching your Ripleys and Clarkes this season, why anyone would want to jump on him mystifies me but there you go, just for the haters out there have you looked out our record with and without the liability?

Last 2 seasons without Gerrard.

Played 54

Won 7 - yes that's a 7

Drew 24

Lost 23

Points 45.

With Gerrard

Played 24

Won 13

Draw 4

Lost 7

Points 43.

Enough said.

To be clear, I'm no hater. I'm glad Gerrard's at Latics; I appreciate he's a good player at this level, albeit perhaps not as good as he thinks he is.

But, because he's a good player, who would be anyone's starting line-up, his suspension means we're fielding a weakened side in three games, one of which we've played and lost by a narrow margin. It may well cost us points.

The only wet wipes are yourself and anyone who claims that Evatt head butted him. Of which Gerrard is one. You clearly are struggling to understand that the whole point is that he is needed in this relegation battle as yes, our defence is stronger with him. So his idiotic actions need to stop. Like has been said, let's hope he learns, eh!!!

Have you ever kissed a girl?

Yea, forgot about the other umpteen times he's lost his head in 20 odd games for us. Oh yeah, he hasn't, it's the first instance.

As has been said, he gives out what he gets, I'd rather that than someone who is a pushover like we've seen too many of earlier this season. We'd be relegated without him previously, and he's already well on the way to keeping us up this time round.

Just let it go and accept its a risk you get with having battlers like Clarke and Gerrard.

And, before you say it, Clarke hasn't lost his head for us as yet but, there is the odd challenge he leaves a leg in after winning the ball. That's a risk, an unneeded one but, I love it so I couldny give a :censored:. Great to see 2 proper CB's, hopefully Edmondson learns a lot from them both.

Just let it go and accept its a risk you get with having battlers like Clarke and Gerrard.

I just cannot see why anyone would put the 2 of them together as battlers on the pitch and not take into account the fact that 1 of them lost the plot off it.

They are completely different individuals who both play centre half.

Clarke is twice the player that Gerrard is and doesnt bring 1 tenth of the baggage.

Oh and he is our top goal scorer too.

I just cannot see why anyone would put the 2 of them together as battlers on the pitch and not take into account the fact that 1 of them lost the plot off it.

They are completely different individuals who both play centre half.

Clarke is twice the player that Gerrard is and doesnt bring 1 tenth of the baggage.

Oh and he is our top goal scorer too.

I agree completely about there professionalism. Clarkes performance at Chesterfield when he'd lost out on a move, probably earning more money said so much about him as a bloke. However while Clarke has chipped in with some massive goals, I think there quite equal in ability. Real quality centre half pairing in this league.

But,

Clarke in his pomp. . . no argument IMO. He was the one defender for years I used to think I'd love to have him.