Swindon (a)

Massive game. I think we've condemned another team if we can get 8 points clear of Swindon.

No Gerrard so I'm wondering if we'll stick with the team that beat Charlton or revert to the side that faced MK when he was also absent.

Is Holloway back? If not you've got to think Ngoo will get a game as the big target man. Will that be alongside McLaughlin or will he be in a five-man midfield? Can't see him dropping any of Green, O'Neill or Banks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive game. I think we've condemned another team if we can get 8 points clear of Swindon.

No Gerrard so I'm wondering if we'll stick with the team that beat Charlton or revert to the side that faced MK when he was also absent.

Is Holloway back? If not you've got to think Ngoo will get a game as the big target man. Will that be alongside McLaughlin or will he be in a five-man midfield? Can't see him dropping any of Green, O'Neill or Banks.

Holloway is back.

Using Ngoo as a sub is working (and might work to get us a goal aswell as just preserve a lead) so I think he'd be reluctant to change that even if McLaughlin has to go to right back.

Erwin might get a start again but I think he'll put Osei in to do what McLaughlin's been doing.

Fane over Banks with us needing a bit more steel in midfield as we're away and Gerrard is out.

Ripley

McLaughlin

Wilson

Clarke

Hunt

Green

Fane

O'Neill

Taylor

Holloway

Osei

Edited by HarryBosch

All out for the win in this one I reckon.

Fane, Flynn and Holloway will come back in, Ryan Mc to fullback.

Swindon 1 Oldham 2.

They've lost 5 on the bounce and there was some talk of boycotting this game or something.

They're definitely there for the taking...

I forgot about Law.

I think Shez might have too. Has he even been on the bench lately?

Def been on bench for all the recent games. I'd personally stick him at right back in Gerrard's absence, he's fairly comfortable on the ball which Shez loves in a player, and McLaughlin is completely wasted that deep, leaves us with very little pace/mobility up top on the break.

Plus he works his nuts off up front, so even if he's not scoring, he's worth having up there for the general chaos he causes closing down your average League One centre half.

I'd go

Ripley, Law, Clarke, Wilson, Hunt, Green, Fane, O'Neill, McLaughlin, Holloway, Taylor

We're very good at ending teams' losing runs (Barnsley etc), but I don't expect a Shez team to do that tomorrow. Looking forward to the short trip over there to see us pick up another three points.

I'd go for:
Ripley; Law, Clarke, Wilson, Hunt; Taylor, Fane, O'Neill, Obadeyi; Holloway, McLaughlin

[subs: Kettings, Edmondson, Green, Flynn, Ngoo, Osei, Croft

Edit: Change of heart to bring Obadeyi in

Edited by Bristolatic

We always get a result there regardless of form.

I'll be at Haydock but fully expect to see a positive outcome come 5pm.

I'm also at Haydock so hoping for the same outcome!

That said I am optimistic, I've missed 3 away games all season - Gillingham (won 2-1), Blackburn (won on pens) and Walsall in Checkatrade also (won 3-1)

Good record whilst i've been absent this season, hoping that continues!

FWIW i'd go - Ripley, Law, Clarke, Wilson, Hunt, Green, Fane, O'Neill, McClaughlin, Holloway, Taylor (think somebody else mentioned that too)

Anyway, have a good day tomorrow at Haydock, hopefully a few beers, an Oldham win and a couple of winners!

Would it not be tempting to give Edmondson a go at CB he would have Clarke and Wilson alongside him in the back line to talk him through the game?

The only other change I'd go with would be Holloway for Erwin aslong as everyone is fully fit from tuesday in see no need to change it as the way we played on Tuesday sets us up away from home aswell.

He's probably the most vocal of the 3.

Was thinking more interms of advising him through the game if he's switched on enough that he doesn't need it then thats great but they should be there to help if needed. Weve been saying about the lack of youngsters coming through recently we may aswell give him this game he will be coming into a more confident side which should be easier for him.

Always wary of teams on a run...we have a habit of ending them (good or bad).

That said, with our current set of results we should go into the game with some confidence.

Edmundson was at the OEC in tuesday and hoping to be training Thursday. Might be too soon for a return? Would like to see him get a go though.

Holloway (also there) said he hoped to be back, so if so I'd expect to see him in the side.

Obadeyi - we bring him in but has barely played. Presume he was a Shez pick so a little odd - saw 10 minutes at Chesterfield and thought he looked OK.

It almost feels we have a lot of strikers (Erwin, Osei, Ngoo, Obadeyi, McLaughin, Holloway) and Shez is not ken on playing some of them.

yeah I agree with s'goat! we're 'usually' terrible at taking advantage of others bad runs - you used to be able to tell the result in Friday evenings newspaper- "xyz come to Boundary Park having not won away all season blah blah blah " ...

Bearing in mind where they are, we definitely need to put them to the sword! we've put in some hard work recently and got the rewards .. now isn't the time to revert to type!