Millwall at home

A very difficult game against a tough side in great form. If they beat Chesterfield at home on Tuesday it'll be 5 wins on the bounce in all comps.

But it will also be their 5th game in 15 days. With us having a week off it could be the perfect game to wear them out with physical play. I'd take a point but if we get our tactics right I could see us grabbing a win. I'd go for:

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Wilson

Hunt

Green

McLaughlin

Fane

O'Neill

Taylor

Holloway

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports indicate that we played one up at Swindon - hope that Shez is more adventurous at home.

I think we need to try and get a partnership up front. A few options:

Target man: Holloway / Erwin / Ngoo

Alongside: McLoughlan / Osei / Obadeyi

Few permutations there - not really seen much of any of them yet.

Reports indicate that we played one up at Swindon - hope that Shez is more adventurous at home.

I think we need to try and get a partnership up front. A few options:

Target man: Holloway / Erwin / Ngoo

Alongside: McLoughlan / Osei / Obadeyi

Few permutations there - not really seen much of any of them yet.

He said in his LP interview that it's supposed to be three up front (Taylor, Holloway, McLaughlin), but they got dragged back into midfield too much.

If we can win this (which we will with their Cup distraction),and Southend lose, we'll be just 12 points off the playoffs.

I tend to agree. Millwall have just beaten our Premier League Champions and unbeaten last 16 European Champions League contenders. They are playing the Football Leagues 2nd lowest scorers - what could possibly go wrong?

He said in his LP interview that it's supposed to be three up front (Taylor, Holloway, McLaughlin), but they got dragged back into midfield too much.

I know, but it doesn't look like that. And as only one of them is a genuine forward it's not a surprise

Will the pitch affect the team choice?

It's looking terrible at the moment.

It's a disgrace at the moment. I've played on better lower league football pitches at this time of the year.

A few of the players have mentioned it in terms of grinding out results on it as it's not suitable for pretty football so I think it does effect team selection.

Will the pitch affect the team choice?

It's looking terrible at the moment.

It's a disgrace at the moment. I've played on better lower league football pitches at this time of the year.

A few of the players have mentioned it in terms of grinding out results on it as it's not suitable for pretty football so I think it does effect team selection.

Shez keeps referring to the pitch not being ideal and us grinding out results rather than playing the kind of football he & we would like to see.

If he ultimately produces a similar result to last time (where we would've been 5th based on a table from when he rejoined) should keeping the poor pitch and the same tactics not be the plan for next season?

It is strange how the council park pitches in the Borough which are played on two or three times a week as well as trampled on by dog walkers and the like seem to hold up better than our pitch that's only seen a dozen games in a few months.

It certainly would be - if it was true. Which it isn't.