Millwall at home

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a disgrace at the moment. I've played on better lower league football pitches at this time of the year.

A few of the players have mentioned it in terms of grinding out results on it as it's not suitable for pretty football so I think it does effect team selection.

Why is it in such a poor state? it's hardly been overused this season.

Didn't we do this last season?

Something to do with some pitch/grass/soil technology not having been updated or replaced.... £800k to do so, I think...

Better off with an artificial pitch, some good passing football played last night by Sutton and Arsenal.

Edited by BP1960

Better off with an artificial pitch, some good passing football played last night by Sutton and Arsenal.

Looked a cracker for an artificial pitch that. No way you could have slid on the old ones without taking your legs back to the bone. Used to dread getting in the bath after playing on failsworth astro. Think these pitches could be, the future of the game to be honest. Well at this level at least

Looked a cracker for an artificial pitch that. No way you could have slid on the old ones without taking your legs back to the bone. Used to dread getting in the bath after playing on failsworth astro. Think these pitches could be, the future of the game to be honest. Well at this level at least

They're still pretty bad for your knees...

They're still pretty bad for your knees...

Stopped playing ten years ago now due to injury. But even then the improvement was massive between 3G and the old style ones. I would guess they've come on even more and maybe scope for more development. Do they still have those horrible black rubber bits that get everywhere in em ?