Millwall at home

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, should be a good time to play them on our mess when they're leggy after a 0-0 tonight.

Would Shez have had 'em watched?

Pitbull did it for him when he was at Plymouth although he might have just been assigned the northern quarter.

I saw him at Bury v Bin Dippers FC.

Job done by Mini Shez, Plymouth beat them the following week.

Stopped playing ten years ago now due to injury. But even then the improvement was massive between 3G and the old style ones. I would guess they've come on even more and maybe scope for more development. Do they still have those horrible black rubber bits that get everywhere in em ?

Yes and theres studies looking at them causing cancer.

aren't some teams (Russian?) allowed to use these pitches in champions league games too?

I personally think it would be great for clubs that generally suffer from bad pitches/weather to be allowed to fit artificial pitches that meet particular guidelines ... whether that's by the means of grant or sponsorship etc.

The clubs can generate additional revenue from using the pitches for schools finals etc etc

Pipe dream I know!

Edited by thetramfixer

Is there any actual proof though or is it another MMR vaccine pile of :censored:e lol

thats why there are studies, given the rubber crumbs are made from recycled tires with all the chemicals involved with producing them it's not a stretch to believe they'll do some damage if they enter the body

thats why there are studies, given the rubber crumbs are made from recycled tires with all the chemicals involved with producing them it's not a stretch to believe they'll do some damage if they enter the body

Know a girl who works for Leigh RLFC and she said they're preparing for alternatives.

In all my time playing, I've never known them to enter anyone's body. The worst that happens is they get down your sock when you slide...

In all my time playing, I've never known them to enter anyone's body. The worst that happens is they get down your sock when you slide...

I play weekly with the hope that, given slide tackles are generally banned in 5/6 aside games on these pitches, the risk should be pretty low. Have an awareness and decontaminate after playing.

Possibly slightly riskier for goal-keepers who dive (I don't when I go in goal on these pitches...).

Probably not a good idea for competitive 11 aside games, though.

Forecast looks pretty ropey from Friday night onwards.

I can see a late postponement.

My weather app is only forecasting spells of light rain after Doris blows herself out.

As long as todays rain drains away sufficiently in time, I can't see the game being threatened by any further light showers. Fingers crossed.