Jimmy Frizzell Stand

http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/breaking-jimmy-frizzell-to-have-stand-named-in-his-honour-3243047.aspx

Who suggested it be named the Jimmy Frizzell Stand? Surely they must have had an idea of how it could be recognised by its new name, I suppose we are still awaiting the formal dedication of the stand, details of which will be released in due course (Neil Joy speaking on the 12th August 2016).

I suspect it's in the same file as the scoreboard appeal and it's subsequent purchase.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not rocket science to expect the club to have stuck a sign up over the old scoreboard reflecting the man's name.

They managed to spell his name wrong on his gold brick. Oddly Gazal, Blitz and Corney all had their names spelled correctly. Maybe they just don't know how to spell his name.

And mcfluff1985, your ridiculous trolling is tiresome and on this subject quite insulting to a long standing servant of the club and his family.

Edited by opinions4u

How is it trolling or insulting? It's a simple question. Everyone has different ideas about what they should do.

Grow up

And as you know they haven't done any... Which you appear to think is acceptable

How about you answer a simple yes no question... (which you failed to do last time) have the club done enough?

Edited by Fruitygoo

And as you know they haven't done any... Which you appear to think is acceptable

How about you answer a simple yes no question... (which you failed to do last time) have the club done enough?

I agree maybe a sign up. Not once did I say they'd done enough I was asking what ideas people had. You're all just little nibblers though and hate the thought someone is defending the club

How is it trolling or insulting?

I call troll because you deliberately go out of your way to support the actions of those running the club regardless. If it's not trolling it's stunning naivity on a scale not seen since Chamberlain waved around a piece of paper in the late 1930s.

It's a simple question. Everyone has different ideas about what they should do.

They have done naff all.

Grow up

:censored: off.

So touchy O4U. All I've asked is what people think they should do. If I ask a question I'm defending the club. Good one. Makes sense.

I said ye a sign. I asked what else people thought they should do.

If you don't like someone asking a question this isn't the right place for you

I agree maybe a sign up. Not once did I say they'd done enough I was asking what ideas people had. You're all just little nibblers though and hate the thought someone is defending the club

So why keep defending when you agree they haven't done enough...

So touchy O4U. All I've asked is what people think they should do. If I ask a question I'm defending the club. Good one. Makes sense.

O4U is one of the most respected and tolerant posters on here.

If your immature postings get him annoyed I think that you really should review your own situation rather than his.

How is it trolling or insulting? It's a simple question. Everyone has different ideas about what they should do.

Grow up

FFS pull your head in, stop acting all defensive as if you were just asking a simple question, its insulting to the rest of the posters on the forum.

Jimmy was - arguably - the greatest thing to happen to our club ever and the club could not even be arsed painting his name on the stand, even a club with serious cash flow problems like ours should have found money to do that.

Shame

So why keep defending when you agree they haven't done enough...

You seem a bit slow. So I'll try make this easy for you.

I

Am

Not

Defending

Got it? I said maybe a sign. But again, as people have varying ideas of what they should do I was simply asking people's opinions on what they think would be best.

Do you have any preference? Or are you not able to express an opinion without reminding everyone you hate the clubs owners?

O4U is one of the most respected and tolerant posters on here.

If your immature postings get him annoyed I think that you really should review your own situation rather than his.

Asking a question is immature. Got it. Another one who would rather remind us all he hates the club than answer a question

FFS pull your head in, stop acting all defensive as if you were just asking a simple question, its insulting to the rest of the posters on the forum.

Jimmy was - arguably - the greatest thing to happen to our club ever and the club could not even be arsed painting his name on the stand, even a club with serious cash flow problems like ours should have found money to do that.

Shame

What do you think they should do? Seems a simple question to me. Maybe not to some, but hey, Thatcher's Britain.

So your answer is paint his name on it. Easy enough wasn't it.

You see I was going to suggest something like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ceramic+portrait+footballer&oq=ceramic+portrait+footballer&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8289j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=hZXlOPIAz75cEM:

Obviously unsure how much it would cost but you could look at crowd funding for that on the outside wall?

I said ye a sign. I asked what else people thought they should do.

You've done so much more than ask a question.

This place is fine for me. I'll choose not to bite on your nonsense in future.

Toodle pip.

You seem a bit slow. So I'll try make this easy for you.

I

Am

Not

Defending

Got it? I said maybe a sign. But again, as people have varying ideas of what they should do I was simply asking people's opinions on what they think would be best.

Do you have any preference? Or are you not able to express an opinion without reminding everyone you hate the clubs owners?

Meet up with me today and see how slow i am princess...

Rather than being an argumentative gob:censored:e, why didnt you make the suggestions you went on to make when called out in it. I'll tell you why, because you're trolling...

Meet up with me today and see how slow i am princess...

Rather than being an argumentative gob:censored:e, why didnt you make the suggestions you went on to make when called out in it. I'll tell you why, because you're trolling...

Ooooh. You're hard.

I asked a question that a few of you seemed to take offence to because just answering a question would be too hard.