Will we stay up this Season?

Will we stay up this season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up this Season

• Yes, with the Shezzurection part II and our back line it's an inevitability!
    • No, we can't score and our run in is a shocker...

Simple question folks. Given the palpable wave of optimism that seems to have swept over the club since Shez came back, there seems to be almost an expectation among supporters that we will pull off the great escape again. Having had a look at our run in though, but having not seen much of the action this season (living in Hong Kong), I can't help but fear that our chances are still very slim. Having witnessed the home defeats to the likes of Shrewsbury earlier this season, I can't help but feel as though these results will come back to bite us, especially so given that these teams are around us in the table now. Would be great to get the thoughts/votes of people who are watching week in week out.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone can start scoring yes but we still don't create enough wich has been the story of the season. Our luck does seem to have turned Tho. Coventry hit the wood work when they might have scored and then somehow Ripley saves 2 pens. We are hard to beat if we can scrap a few wins together I think we will just about do it.

Yes our defence and imparticular goal keeper mean that we don't have to score that many goals to stay up.

You don't need a 20 goal a season striker to stay up (you do need one to go up though) You just need anyone of the players, it can be a different one every week who just get the ball over the line share the goals between the squad and it will easily be done.

I've not voted as I'm not convinced either way yet, two big away games this week where we need a minimum three points, bottom two look down and I think Vale are in a hole so that leaves one from about six teams to go down, we do have a really tough run in so it would be wise not to get too far ahead of ourselves seeing as we've only scored nine in ten games and four of them were against the bottom two.

I voted yes but by the skin of our teeth due to having to play most of the top teams and our lack of an out and out decent striker.We were rock bottom when Shez took over but seems to be getting more confidence in the players .That point on Sat could prove vital.

I've not voted either, simply too close to call.
I think we'll end up back in the relegation spots, it's whether we can get back out in time.
Scoring being the biggest worry, obviously, we're tricky enough to beat to stay up if we could score at a more average rate.

Table sometimes lies, Port Vale are worse.

They lost their three best players in January - Alnwick, Grant and Jones - who were the heart of their team.

They may have two games in hand but I'd say they're definitely the most likely to drop, having not reacted well to the new manager.

Other than that though I struggle to see who will be sucked in. The rest look to have enough grit and quality to survive, which is what still concerns me a little bit.

If Shez does manage to keep us up with this strikeforce it'll be an incredible achievement, given its practically non-existent.

Edited by NewBlue

I'm not overly worried about our run in as I trust that with Shez in charge and the additions we've made, no game is a write off. With games like Sheff Utd, Bolton and Fleetwood being at home I don't think a point is out of our reach for any of those games.

The biggest concern currently is that we don't have an obvious attacking candidate who's a good bet to get us the goals we need. Holloway is an excellent foil for that type of player but Ngoo, Obadeyi, Osei, Erwin, McLaughlin and Taylor are not players that you'd bet on to fire us to safety. The only hope is that one of them hits a purple patch like Main did which gets us the wins we need.

On the whole I think we'll grind our way to safety but it's going to be more nervy than last year.

Have to be confident based simply on our current form (17 from last 10 games) and the strange fact that we can get a result against any of the teams in the division.

There are no must wins but it now looks like 50 points will be needed so 2 draws, 4 wins from 12. Could go to the last two games which will add some spice to my trip to Kingsmeadow.