Will we stay up this Season?

Will we stay up this season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up this Season

• Yes, with the Shezzurection part II and our back line it's an inevitability!
    • No, we can't score and our run in is a shocker...

For a start, Shez needs to realise he can't keep playing McLaughlin at RB or RWB. He was a key factor in us looking better in attack and needs playing further upfield.

As for if we will have enough to stay up...I'm highly concerned, but I feel we should have enough. But we need points in the bag going into April. If we are in relegation heading into April, I've be very worried. 4 or 5pts clear of it, I think we'll be fine. These next 3 games are huge...we need at least 5pts minimum I feel. I might cast my vote after then.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a start, Shez needs to realise he can't keep playing McLaughlin at RB or RWB. He was a key factor in us looking better in attack and needs playing further upfield.

As for if we will have enough to stay up...I'm highly concerned, but I feel we should have enough. But we need points in the bag going into April. If we are in relegation heading into April, I've be very worried. 4 or 5pts clear of it, I think we'll be fine. These next 3 games are huge...we need at least 5pts minimum I feel. I might cast my vote after then.

TBF now Gerrard is back he can move Mcglauchlin back up the pitch and put Mr reliable at right back. Last 2 games have been needs must.

TBF now Gerrard is back he can move Mcglauchlin back up the pitch and put Mr reliable at right back. Last 2 games have been needs must.

Is Law injured? I may have missed it being reported, is so. If not, he should've deputised at RB with McLaughlin up the pitch where he can hurt teams.

Our goal difference is only 3 better than Swindon and we have scored considerably less.

Even in defeat, I think Gillingham will do well to match our result which would see them in the bottom four should (and it's likely) Swindon win.

Tough call.

Despite an amazing turnaround in points per game since Shez has returned, there are a number of worries for me:

(1) As mentioned, goal scoring. Lack of goals makes it hard to win games.

Two forwards scoring good forwards type goals on Tueaday was a good sign, but needs to be maintained.

Main, as also mentioned, hit a purple patch last season and was the difference between safety and not.

(2) Despite that good run of form, we are only just out of the drop zone and games in hand could put us back in.

A measure that we were almost cut adrift before Shez came. Whilst I expect our form over the remaining season to be between than pre-JS, it wouldn't be surprising to see it not maintain the last month.

(3) We are picking up points. But a good proportion of them have been "ground out", and performances are still average.

Chesterfield and Coventry - 2 apparently "doomed" teams could have easily beaten us on another day; we were outplayed by Swindon (another straggler); we held on against Millwall; and we did a professional "smash and grab" on Charlton (look at the stats).

Conor Ripley is rightly lauded as one of, if not THE, player of the season. When your keeper is doing that regularly you are not a good team winning games easily.

Hard won games can easily slip to narrow defeats.

I think that we will stay up, but it will be damn close, and it could easily end up being a season of last day heartbreak.

It's going to be exciting.

Main, as also mentioned, hit a purple patch last season and was the difference between safety and not.

I think you are over stating Mains importance Scapegoat to us last season he scored 4 goals in 18 games.

Don't get me wrong I appreciated his contribution and would be open to him coming back. But if someone scoring a couple of important goals between now and the end of the season is seen as the difference then It shouldn't be too much to ask.

I think you are over stating Mains importance Scapegoat to us last season he scored 4 goals in 18 games.

Don't get me wrong I appreciated his contribution and would be open to him coming back. But if someone scoring a couple of important goals between now and the end of the season is seen as the difference then It shouldn't be too much to ask.

Seem to remember them being crucial point winning goals though.

I've not voted yet and want to wait until after Saturdays game as I think that game could be crucial, a defeat and we could be a favourite to go down, if we win I'd say we would have a great chance of staying up. Huge game for both teams.

So a cagey draw it is!

Hadn't realised...we haven't beaten Bury at home since 2001 :shock:

Last time a home side won this fixture was 2003

I went for a draw when I did my prediction table.

I often wonder whether these stats matter with the culture of football in our division.

Only two of our whole squad were here last season, and only Wilson before that. I'd imagine their squad is much the same.

I guess a manager can recite them to Bury's players but the traction must be limited

Looking less likely after Bury. Not much hope of wins with the up and coming fixtures.

If we can't beat Bury at home, I reaaly do not know where any more wins are coming from. Hopefully Oxford on Tuesday. Failing that I fear we are down.
Edited by frizzell54