Splashing the cash

I see Bournemouth have dropped £800,000 on Crawley's Matt Tubbs. Crazy. I don't wish any club to the wall (well, maybe one), but I hope they have steady income rather than a temporary sugar daddy.

Wow, that's quite a drop!......Hope he's not a lower league andy carroll.

I see Bournemouth have dropped £800,000 on Crawley's Matt Tubbs. Crazy. I don't wish any club to the wall (well, maybe one), but I hope they have steady income rather than a temporary sugar daddy.

£800k on a centre-forward that has scored 12 goals in the bottom league in over half-a-season (plus some goals in cup games) in a decent side for that level. Considering the talent available on a free/loan that is more than a bit silly, especially as lots of players have struggled to make the step up from league 2 to this league having scored more goals in league 2.

Not to mention its £800k to a club which I don't like.

Tubbs has a good scoring record at a lower level. Then again, so did Steve Whitehall, and nobody would've paid £800,000 for him.

he's already had a stint at Bournemouth & failed - this will be take 2 for him.

£800,000 is crazy money for our level really - i'd want 10 players for that!!

Not to mention its £800k to a club which I don't like.

this also.

he's already had a stint at Bournemouth & failed - this will be take 2 for him.

£800,000 is crazy money for our level really - i'd want 10 players for that!!

this also.

For a club that has been in admin a few times over the last decade, that really is ridiculous. It'll end in tears, with small clubs it always does and Bournemouth have only ever been bottom two divisions/struggled at the bottom of the Championship. It's crazy that Bournemouth have paid more for a player than a founder member of the Premier League's record signing!!!!

This has to be one of the most retarded signings i've ever seen. Looking at his scoring record alone you wouldn't pay anythign for him to make this sort fo step up, just not worth the risk. There are strikers far more proven at this level with better goalscoring records in the lower leagues available for a fraction of that i'm sure not to mention youngsters from teh prem. I'd have tank (and i'm sure there are plenty of similar prospects available from teh prem) back in a second before I thought about spending a penny on Tubbs. This is gonna end badly.

You have to wonder if the manager made this signing or the chairman.

I'd have tank

Funnily enough I was wondering last night how The Tank was getting on. From what I can find he seems to have been stuck in Sunderlan reserves. Don't know if he has been injured but I thought he would have been worth loaning out to see if he could push on after recharging his batteries.

Funnily enough I was wondering last night how The Tank was getting on. From what I can find he seems to have been stuck in Sunderlan reserves. Don't know if he has been injured but I thought he would have been worth loaning out to see if he could push on after recharging his batteries.

He was due to join Forest on loan last summer.. But didn't happen for some reason.