5 - 0 defeat

Oldham boss Paul Dickov blasted his players for ignoring his pre-match instructions after they were crushed 5-0 by MK Dons.

Dean Bowditch's penalty had given the Dons a slender half-time lead, before Daniel Powell's double and further strikes from Mathias Doumbe and Stephen Gleeson emphatically sealed their first win in six games.

"I'll start by apologising to the fans who came down, it just wasn't good enough," said Dickov. "If people don't want to take on board what we tell them to do and what we work on from Monday to Friday and they think they can go out on a Saturday and do what they want, then they won't have a career in football.

"Sometimes people want to go out there and they think they are better than what they are and that was the case. If you don't do your jobs properly against a good team, and I think MK are the best team in the division, then you're not going to win the game.

"There's 1,200 players out of contract in the summer and a lot of them in there think they're good enough to go and get another club - on that performance I would doubt that."

Dickov has been linked with the vacant managerial position at Huddersfield but he admitted this result will have harmed his chances, saying "I won't be odds-on favourite now!"

Seems to answer a few questions. Bet some players ears are burning tonight, and they should be !!!!!

My fears about going into this game with the midfield we put out may have been proven to be correct.

I wasn't at the game so it's speculation on my part as to whether we were overrun or not ( although it sounds like a collective off day )

Once wes was ruled out for the foreseeable future, then a replacement should have been drafted in if PD doesn't feel comfortable playing winchester or mellor in there.

And please....no more of this square pegs in round holes nonsense.....it doesn't feckin work!

In the main report on the fishal, Dickov said that one or two players might not be here next week. Any idea's?

I suspect that might be his anger talking. There's not many in that line-up he could kick out. Adeyemi could be sent back, but it would seem a bit harsh. Marsh-Brown could be let go, but after one good and one bad game it would be an overreaction. He's not going to let Simpson or Kuqi go. Maybe Parker, but everyone else is contracted so unless there are clubs desperate for loan signings we can't bin them easily.

I suspect, and hope, that he'll make some proper changes to the line-up. Drop Taylor to the bench. Use Kuqi as a sub rather than adding to the weight on him to deliver. Thing is, we don't have a vast squad to dip into. Maybe Winchester for Lee, but has Lee done that badly over the season? Mellor in for Taylor is about the most realistic I can see.

In our defence we were down to only 9 men for the last 2 goals, as we certainly didn't have any full backs on the pitch.

Also, what the hell was Mvoto doing for that penalty, he had his arm fully round the players waist with the referee stood about 5 yards away, and he still couldn't stop the player scoring.

Kin hell that was bad.

Edited by Hometownclub