Derby Highlights

wrong decision. i'm sure LJ has had a word.

If he did I hope the word was "unlucky". Keepers always come out and narrow the angles, spreading themselves to give the best odds of them saving it. You can tell with strikers in England that they are coached to play the percentages in one on ones so it's refreshing to see someone try something a bit different. Much harder for a keeper to save.

His crime was just not putting enough on it. But he got it spot on against Stevenage so, although frustrating, if he's going to miss I'd rather him do it that way than a bog standard blast that hits the keeper in the chest.

Should have buried that Montano.

If we are playing the blame game for the goal then Grounds lacked awareness, got back ok but didn't clock their lad making his run.

Er that might have been because he had 2 players to mark and was marking his man first.

If its the blame game, tarky is too far up and you could say sammon should of been his man but if sammon was mellors then the goal scorer was tarkys man and he has been too slow to track him or it could of been a well worked derby goal, I haven't decided just yet.

Nope, he's certainly not marking anyone in those highlights.

Yeah but it's difficult to mark your man and then stop the runner, who isn't your man, at the same time. Tarky is a lot more at fault than Grounds as the runner, who is the goal scorer, is his man. But that's close to pointing the finger, something I'm not happy with doing.

Can't believe Monty didn't put his foot right through that chance near the end.

Having seen it again, it's very good defending, Monty got a two-handed push in the back just as he was about to shoot. That two handed push in the back put him off balance enough that he didn't get the contact he would have liked on it. I'm glad Monty didn't go down either as with that ref he was highly unlikely to get the penalty that the two handed push deserved.

It's obviously Brown in the wrong, he's way too far forwards leaving the flank exposed. When Sammon makes that run the full back should be there covering and putting pressure on him so the centre back doesn't get dragged out. The centre back shouldn't be expected to just mindlessly track his man all over the pitch - he has a position to hold and a space to cover. Full back isn't there = he has to move out and leave a gaping hole in the middle for someone else to bust a gut trying to deal with. All stems from that one criminal positional error. Apart from that brown had a good game but his lack of awareness has always been something i've found very suspect.