Ex players and that

23 minutes ago, oafc-latics said:

Surprised he's gone there, would have said he's capable of League Two at least. Might put some money on York to get promoted if they're signing players like Law.

The club is a complete basket case last I heard

1 hour ago, oafc-latics said:

Surprised he's gone there, would have said he's capable of League Two at least. Might put some money on York to get promoted if they're signing players like Law.

Law, Morgan-Smith, Jon Parkin

They've had more ST renewals than last season. 

The goings on behind the scenes are more messed up than they should be, (part of the reason why they've been relegated twice in succession).

Still be a good bet for promotion but you won't get good odds.

5 minutes ago, astottie said:

Bolton have told Ben Amos he can leave with 2 years left on his contract. I assume they will want a fee. don't think he played a game for them last season and spent most if not all of it on loan at Cardiff

16k a week. I think they'd have to pay about a million for someone to take him.

Just now, OldhamSheridan said:

16k a week. I think they'd have to pay about a million for someone to take him.

Ah I did wonder bearing in mind how many other players they have offloaded. No wonder they ended up so much in debt.

40 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Ben Amos is crap. He has never been any good and I remember him lettin in 6 when he played on loan for us against Southampton. Most of the goals where due to his bad judgment. We don't need him back. 

To be fair he did make one of the best saves I'd ever seen, in the free entry Carlisle match.

But besides that, you're probably right.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Ben Amos is crap. He has never been any good and I remember him lettin in 6 when he played on loan for us against Southampton. Most of the goals where due to his bad judgment. We don't need him back. 

I'd have said the main catalyst for that hammering was the fact that we played a team which started with Lambert, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Lallana, Fonte and Schneiderlin. They dicked us all over the pitch from start to finish.

Amos was pretty good throughout his loan spell here.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I agree they had a great team at the time but if you compare him to Ripley, then 5 of the goals that he let in, Ripley would have saved easily. One goal was a wonder goal and I don't blame him for that. Amos is no better than Dean Brill these days. If he was any good Bolton would have retained him. If a goal keeper looses confidence then its difficult sometimes to get it back.

Edited by Smiler13
Mid spelling

6 hours ago, bowl said:

To be fair he did make one of the best saves I'd ever seen, in the free entry Carlisle match.

But besides that, you're probably right.

The only disagreement I would make with this was it was the best save I have ever seen and will probably ever see.

it was Gordon Banks eat your heart out.?