Which manager departed today?

A man who won them a proper fairytale Premier League title and has taken them to knockout stages of the Champions' League, in which they're only a goal down, with an away goal, going into the second leg. He was owed far more loyalty than that. Sad.

loyalty and sentiment go out the window in business and they are in the business of staying in the premier league and the money that brings in

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was owed far more loyalty than that. Sad.

I agree, he was. But seemingly it looks like the players had effectively forced him out. When you lose the dressing room and you're precariously positioned it the result looks ominous. As much as Leicester's title win last season was the stuff of dreams to grant you the freedom of the parish, relegation has absolutely disastrous consequences the way the game is. Looking at it starkly, they have been absolutely rotten this season (The CL results I think papered over it - they were in a :censored:ing weak group), which makes last season's heroics look even more unbelievable, if that much is possible.

I understand the reasoning behind him departing, but I feel the handling of it has been pretty terrible. Following that piegate nonsense with Sutton, football's a complete pantomime now, isn't it?

I agree, he was. But seemingly it looks like the players had effectively forced him out. When you lose the dressing room and you're precariously positioned it the result looks ominous. As much as Leicester's title win last season was the stuff of dreams to grant you the freedom of the parish, relegation has absolutely disastrous consequences the way the game is. Looking at it starkly, they have been absolutely rotten this season (The CL results I think papered over it - they were in a :censored:ing weak group), which makes last season's heroics look even more unbelievable, if that much is possible.

I understand the reasoning behind him departing, but I feel the handling of it has been pretty terrible. Following that piegate nonsense with Sutton, football's a complete pantomime now, isn't it?

I know all that and I could understand it more if they were bottom of the league but, for the moment at least, they're not even in the relegation zone and have a decent chance of making the last eight in the Champions League. With fixtures coming up against Hull, Sunderland, Palace, etc., Ranieiri may well have got them out of it. And he'd have had the chance to see through the Champions League campaign.

The thing is - football's a business (like it or not) and the person making the In/Out decision on Ranieri isn't just thinking about last season or even a PL title. They're thinking about 200+ employees and tens of millions of pounds. What if they go, and stay, down - they'd potentially (likely?!) have to fire a swathe of low to middle-income employees in what's a pretty low-income area to start with - as a result of not pulling the trigger on a man paid millions to do a job which, sentiment aside, he's failing to do.

Its not nice to think like that about football, I'm not suggesting it's my stance as such; it's just an important element to have under consideration when thinking these things over.

The thing is - football's a business (like it or not) and the person making the In/Out decision on Ranieri isn't just thinking about last season or even a PL title. They're thinking about 200+ employees and tens of millions of pounds. What if they go, and stay, down - they'd potentially (likely?!) have to fire a swathe of low to middle-income employees in what's a pretty low-income area to start with - as a result of not pulling the trigger on a man paid millions to do a job which, sentiment aside, he's failing to do.

Its not nice to think like that about football, I'm not suggesting it's my stance as such; it's just an important element to have under consideration when thinking these things over.

Tory

Lets hope new manager likes his goalkeepers over 30 .....

We just need to let the new manager know that the :censored: keeper they sent to little oldham is not required and needs to stay there

• 7 months later...