League 1 Activity

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well I did say brave OR stupid. Well done for ignoring that. I guess we will find out which eventually.  But don't be so naive. They aren't backing him.  Paying him for a minimum of 5 years isn't backing him.  Giving large funds for players is backing him. They are tying him to a deal because they are afraid he will leave and now if he does they get compensation. Problem is that it cuts both ways. 

Pardew had a 10 year contract at Newcastle but it didn't mean that there weren't all sorts of break clauses in it

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Pardew had a 10 year contract at Newcastle but it didn't mean that there weren't all sorts of break clauses in it

That might have been due to an unusual situation regarding enormous gambling debts owed to one of the directors 

22 hours ago, palmer1 said:

The thing with Blackpool and this boycott that gets on my nerves now living in the area. The money is technically Oystons to do with as he wants and he doesn't have to buy millions pounds worth of talent that the lasher fans believe he should have done. They don't have to like it but thats the way is is, it's the same St every club. Having said that he is a cunt of the highest order for taking fans to court but that's another issue.

Also their attendance is not to different to the last time the played football at league 2 level. Many use Oyston as an excuse not to go. Thousands more will certainly go to Wembley and that pisses me off. You don't have to like the owner to support your club. Hope they win at Wembley for my own selfish sake because I ain't going Exeter.

Screenshot_20170519-184058.png

I'm the opposite - I like the idea of a mad away trip to Exeter if it falls right.

I hope to never have to visit Blackpool again in my life, for football or anything....

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Well I did say brave OR stupid. Well done for ignoring that. I guess we will find out which eventually.  But don't be so naive. They aren't backing him.  Paying him for a minimum of 5 years isn't backing him.  Giving large funds for players is backing him. They are tying him to a deal because they are afraid he will leave and now if he does they get compensation. Problem is that it cuts both ways. 

Having managed the club in nearly 500 competitive fixtures I think they know each other pretty well and both seem pretty happy with the deal.

The dale chairman probably sees hill being linked to other jobs and is covering his own back. .so far wigan and Blackburn apparently sniffing. ..the better they do the more that will happen - dale do seem quite savvy in this area and rarely seem to get 'shafted' 

"I don't understand why people feel they need to come over to players, intimidate us and wind us up. I was close to clocking a couple.

"I'm not necessarily blaming the people who did it but where was the stewarding?

Quote from McCall re Millwall fans.  Of course they were to blame - this whole attitude is at the root of the problem; the lack of blame culture.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

"I don't understand why people feel they need to come over to players, intimidate us and wind us up. I was close to clocking a couple.

"I'm not necessarily blaming the people who did it but where was the stewarding?

Quote from McCall re Millwall fans.  Of course they were to blame - this whole attitude is at the root of the problem; the lack of blame culture.

Seems to me like he is blaming the stewards...^_^

On 21/5/2017 at 11:13 AM, Dave_Og said:

You weren't though, were you Stu?

3 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Sad that they fought so hard to turn their club around only to sell it again to some some group who's only interest will be to turn a profit

One assumes they've sought some assurances that may even be constitutional with the new owners?!?

9 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Weren't we the first game after he was charged and the bastod scored?

Don't know but oddly I saw us against them home and away and he was outstanding in both games

Archived