League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Futcher is assistant manager at Swindon.

Paul Warne and JCH will be back with Rotherham.

Curtis Main has been scoring loads for Pompey this preseason.

All in all theres some familiar faces in the league this year.

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Ben Futcher is assistant manager at Swindon.

Paul Warne and JCH will be back with Rotherham.

Curtis Main has been scoring loads for Pompey this preseason.

All in all theres some familiar faces in the league this year.

Swindon arent in our league

11 hours ago, singe said:

Ex LEague one, but Sheff Utd due a £5m windfall with Kyle Walker move.

Also Bolton have written off £170, but have not got back into debt around £3m, and a fair chunk on 5% above base rate. Could see them possibly coming back down.

That wouldnt even make a dent in my debts, let alone theirs

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Bury sign Ajose.

I think their season will hinge on how quickly they can get their side to gel, not whether they're good enough or not.

Not a bad swap for Vaughan.... as much as I can't stand Clark, he's managed to get some decent players in...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Serious squad they have put together, contenders for sure.

I know common sense and the available evidence says you are right but don't forget the managerial genius that is Mr Glum is in that mix.

FFP not reached Bury?

its been asked but how can they afford it?  The old excuse their last fkn idiot manager carted out about players not on big money and want to play for Bury doesn't compute. Beckfords wages alone should be landing them beyond FFP surely?

Serious squad they have put together, contenders for sure.

I know...but maintaining that squad on 3000 crowds and not much potential of increasing it, is virtually impossible...I know they got 900k - but that must have gone already...

5 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

FFP not reached Bury?

its been asked but how can they afford it?  The old excuse their last fkn idiot manager carted out about players not on big money and want to play for Bury doesn't compute. Beckfords wages alone should be landing them beyond FFP surely?

You should know how it works in L1/2 by now.

7 minutes ago, astottie said:

I know common sense and the available evidence says you are right but don't forget the managerial genius that is Mr Glum is in that mix.

Think the Clark thing is a bit of a myth but with that squad it might not matter anyway.

6 minutes ago, ajw65 said:

I know...but maintaining that squad on 3000 crowds and not much potential of increasing it, is virtually impossible...I know they got 900k - but that must have gone already...

Crowds don't seem to be a concern.

You should know how it works in L1/2 by now.

of course but there is spending and then there is what Bury are putting together this season. You only have to look at their first attendance at Gigg Lane this season to see that they are spending well well above the supposed restrictions.

11 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

of course but there is spending and then there is what Bury are putting together this season. You only have to look at their first attendance at Gigg Lane this season to see that they are spending well well above the supposed restrictions.

My mate Yardy will accuse me of being chief cheerleader but they have had a big squad turnover and sold a couple so whether or not they are spending more than last year I wouldn't like to say.

Spoke to someone who knows someone (I know I know) connected at Bury and they've made quite a bit from outgoings over the last 12 months.

£600k for Will Ferry to Southampton

£1m+ for a youth player to Liverpool

£900k for Vaughan to Sunderland

Another youngster - George Miller - also off to Sunderland for a fee as well I'm told.

Archived