League 1 Activity

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Spoke to someone who knows someone (I know I know) connected at Bury and they've made quite a bit from outgoings over the last 12 months.

£600k for Will Ferry to Southampton

£1m+ for a youth player to Liverpool

£900k for Vaughan to Sunderland

Another youngster - George Miller - also off to Sunderland for a fee as well I'm told.

Bedeau to Villa for up to 900k, too. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think the Clark thing is a bit of a myth but with that squad it might not matter anyway.

yes you may be right and with enough good players maybe they will just manage themselves

39 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

of course but there is spending and then there is what Bury are putting together this season. You only have to look at their first attendance at Gigg Lane this season to see that they are spending well well above the supposed restrictions.

Do other clubs fans talk about Bury like this or is it just us after years of being brainwashed that a football club spending money on football players is BAAAD?

21 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

900k for Vaughan, up to 1m for Miller, plus sold at least two teenagers for decent fees in the past 12 months. More than we've made in the last decade. 

But, but, but - what they've been doing is unsustainable, BUCKETS! etc, etc......

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do other clubs fans talk about Bury like this or is it just us after years of being brainwashed that a football club spending money on football players is BAAAD?

yes

20 minutes ago, astottie said:

MKD sign Seager on loan from Southampton.

Wow, long commute from Milton Keynes to Southampton.

You could even call it a Seager Megadrive...

I'll get me coat. Again.

I think the division looks strong this year, It seems like a lot of clubs have made very good signings. Clubs like Southend, Bury, Oxford and Northampton to name a few off the top of my head look like they could be strong this year, then they'll be the usual suspects like Blackburn and Wigan, Pompey could quite easily do well, I expect Charlton and MK to do better this year, Rochdale too I would imagine will aiming for top 6. Bradford seemed to have lost a fair few players mind, they're fans aren't too happy during pre season. 

12 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Rochdale re-signing Matt Done.

I doubted it a few months back but looks like they're going for it this season. 

Was speaking to a Dale fan the other day. He was saying that their signings are on equal or less than the players who have left over summer - the main expenditure has been a new playing surface. They still have money from Hogan's move to Villa back in January

13 hours ago, daniel said:

I think the division looks strong this year, It seems like a lot of clubs have made very good signings. Clubs like Southend, Bury, Oxford and Northampton to name a few off the top of my head look like they could be strong this year, then they'll be the usual suspects like Blackburn and Wigan, Pompey could quite easily do well, I expect Charlton and MK to do better this year, Rochdale too I would imagine will aiming for top 6. Bradford seemed to have lost a fair few players mind, they're fans aren't too happy during pre season. 

Simply going off what I read on here, we'll be stronger but so will just about everyone else in the league.  Which makes me wonder, who will be utter garbage in the year ahead and definitely fighting against the drop?

Archived