League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I hadn't realised Conor McAleny was only on loan at Oxford - from Everton. He's been excellent for them 2nd half of this season. They're trying to sign him permanently now. I guess we wouldn't be able to compete.... but he would be ideal alongside Holloway.

Looked dangerous in first half in our win @ BP but then faded . He's scored 10 goals since Jan , probably out of our range . 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Bury sign Jermaine Beckford from PNE on 2 year deal.

What the!?  I know he is old and a bit shit now but his wages will be high.  Bury are relentless with their spending (borrowing) 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What the!?  I know he is old and a bit shit now but his wages will be high.  Bury are relentless with their spending (borrowing) 

Was he ever actually all that good? I remember Gregan making him look like a 10 year old playing against Competitive Dad.

37 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

He's mint at this level. Great signing. 

Correct if we'd of signed him I'd of been over the moon, absolutely tore up this division with Preston and was at times unplayable, if they keep hold of Vaughan that could be one hell of a partnership at this level.

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

He's mint at this level. Great signing. 

This, although it must be some money the owner is putting in, even though we all think it is going to go tits up for them, they show no sign of relenting on the spending.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct if we'd of signed him I'd of been over the moon, absolutely tore up this division with Preston and was at times unplayable, if they keep hold of Vaughan that could be one hell of a partnership at this level.

I suppose  it is possible that they have got  Beckford to replace Vaughan for whom they have received offers they don't want to refuse.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

If he can be arsed, Beckford is some partner to James Vaughan.

I'd not be surprised if them two were on the same wage as our top 4 earners together

One of their players is on a basic of £4k a week plus good bonuses and he's not even a regular starter, won't be long before the buckets are out again!

4 hours ago, astottie said:

I suppose  it is possible that they have got  Beckford to replace Vaughan for whom they have received offers they don't want to refuse.

I think they announced him as Vaughan's strike partners on social media so by that they have no plans to sell and see them both there next season. 

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That's an early signing too and will probably cost them £40k before he even kicks a ball...unless it's a pre-contract.

Don't these contracts run July to June therefore PNE are paying his wages until June 30th?

On 13/5/2017 at 5:40 PM, super_blue said:

I think they announced him as Vaughan's strike partners on social media so by that they have no plans to sell and see them both there next season. 

Tom Pope will be delighted to hear that. Another who will be on a big wage

Archived