League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southend fans not happy....Thompson says it was the training facilities and club ambition that swung the deal, however Bury must be spending some serious money getting players to sign this early in the close season.

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We shall see. They have to play together yet

Aye. I remember when talk was that Leyton Orient were gonna walk this league with their massive wage signings.

Lee Johnson was a big doubter, saying he's seen dressing rooms torn apart in situations like theirs, and fair play to him, he was spot on.

19 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Aye. I remember when talk was that Leyton Orient were gonna walk this league with their massive wage signings.

Lee Johnson was a big doubter, saying he's seen dressing rooms torn apart in situations like theirs, and fair play to him, he was spot on.

Edit: Wrong thread

36 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I've been reliably informed that Beckford is turning in £6k pw....

Incredible if true. I hope for their sake they've got wealthy benefactors..... they've certainly signed a lot of experience during the break thus far;

12th May. Jermain Beckford age 33, needs little introduction. Question is whether he's passed it or not. Last season only 1 goal in only 18 apps, however in 14/15 when Noblot loaned him to L1 PNE, he scored 20 in 47.

14th May. Phil Edwards age 31, Defender from Burton, with 52 apps & 5 goals last season spent on loan at Play Off challenging Oxford.

16th May. Stephen Dawson age 31, Midfielder/Captain from Play Off S/F Scunthorpe, with 49 apps & 2 goals last season.

26th May. Callum Reilly age 23, Midfielder from Burton, with 21 apps & 1 goal last season spent on loan at Coventry.

1st June. Joe Skarz age 27, Defender - 38 apps for Play Off challenging Oxford last season.

2nd June. Adam Thompson age 24, Defender - 45 apps & 1 goal for Play Off challenging Southend last season.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A couple of FL clubs, including Blackpool, are being linked with Richie Bennett. A lad from round here, he's currently playing for Barrow...

Thinks he's connected to Springhead FC. Saw him score a penalty for Barrow against Macc Town last season, he didn't stand out apart from that.

Archived